Settled In

"Your kidding?" I say in the back of Susan's car.

We rode up to the house or should I say mansion, it was a path off the rode that led there. The house was huge, and just how does she and her daughter live in it by themselves? I have no idea.

"I figured someone would say it" Stacey looked back at me and laughed a little.

I couldn't keep my eyes in the car anymore. This was insane and even though what we just went through was so tragic, I'm actually glad we had another place to go. Thanks to Susan. Who was practically like a sister to my Mom which makes me her niece and I'm glad for that.

She pulls up to the garage and John parks the van on the side of her car. She has a four car garage and I've honestly never seen one before. My house has two and the thought makes me think of Dad. It feels like it's been so long since I've called him and he deserves to know what's going on.

"All fall out" Susan calls and we all get out the car.

I look over at my friends and John who stands by Margaret's side as we all walk up to the front door.

Susan smiles back at everyone before she pulls the key from her pocket and opens the door to the house. The front is beautiful, the grass so green along with the emerald colored medium size trees. Theres a bed with flowers of red, orange and green splash. I look around being the last to go in the house, I had also realized the house was up on a great size mountain. I wondered what the back looked like.

"Hey Zoe, come here" someone called and I stepped into the house and shut the door behind me. Everyone scattered around at this time. Susan had told us we could choose rooms as we wanted, some of us could share and some could have our own rooms. I wasn't really too worried about that right now.

Stacey walked over to me smiling, "you okay Zoe?"

I nod, "yeah just looking around"

"You should get your own room and you should see the back yard, it's amazing!" Her eyes widen and she grabs my arms, pulling me back toward a different part of the house.

And each part was different in deed. The walls were so shiny along the floors and even though they were two different color codings, they still complimented each other. The walls were cherry red wood and the floor was golden which matched with the chairs and the couch colors. Even the fireplace was made of rocks and this house was so big and so different. It felt very different and looked different then being in the cabin. I just hope we were safe here and I hoped this didn't put Susan in danger.

She dragged me until we stopped at two doors that led to the backyard and I couldn't stop my eyes from growing to a bigger size. The backyard was even more bigger than the camps, the only difference was the woods. There was no woods, no trees.

"Wow" I said as we walked through the doors to the outside. We kept walking until we could see out far enough. The mountains in the distance and I closed my eyes for a minute.

"Its amazing isn't it? Could never get used to it" she explains and I agree. If I'd lived like this I wouldn't either.

"Water?" I question as I heard the sounds a water so misty and so quiet yet so calming and loud along with some other animals.

She smiled widely her white eyes seemed to get whiter, "that's the best part"

She grabbed my hand and started running even further than I could imagine. I kept up with her steps closer and closer we grew to the edge of the mountain the house was planted on. And when we reached the edge, I looked over. We weren't up that high but as I looked down at the stream of water and the rocks and grass below, it seemed as if we grew higher and higher in height.