Fast Learner

"As you guys have seen from the demonstration on Monday, you will be learning how to fight. First you will learn to fight with your bare hands than you will learn with weapons"

"Um, what kind of weapons?" James cut in out of the crowd of students.

Margaret smirked, she probably already guessed someone would ask, "glad you asked, you will be using your gifts and also some of you will be using weapons but I doubt that. You guys seem to manage with just your powers"

I looked back over at James and he smiles and nods then he goes in for one of those boy handshakes with Alex. Everyone starts saying how fun or how dangerous this all will be. I began to laugh when I saw Mia role her eyes.

This morning Margaret had told everyone to be ready to head outside. We were also told to put on our best fighting shoes and now I knew why. We had training to do. Not that the whole expanding out special gifts thing was done with, I guessed she would save that for another day.

"Okay, relax guys, Its protection. I want you guys to be ready for anything. You made it this far and it counts, trust me" she goes on but then she folds her arms and steps back out of the medium size circle painted on the grass in front of us.

"So, who wants to go first?" she asked the crowd of students.

But to my surprise, no one raised there hands or said anything. I actually thought some of them were excited about this but I guess not. Of course, I didnt raise my hand or say anything either. I was embarrassed once and I did not plan to let that happen again.

"Okay, well let's partner you guys up then" Margaret walked toward us and everyone scattered.

John looked around at us his eyes slanted like he was thinking about something. He walked up to Margaret and whispered something in her ear. She raised her eyebrows and laughed then nodded her head.

"Alex, step forward" she announced and he did what he was told, "your partners with..."
  She thought for a minute.

"Let's go with Xander" she called his name and I just now realized he stood on the other side of Mia. He walked away from the rest of us and stood next to Alex.

"Will with Christian. Emily with Madison. Ava with Mia, James with Dylan" each name she called told each one of us to stand next to our partner. I got nervous as the names were called except mines, "Chelsea with Zoe, and Jake with Grace. Okay, let's try this and I mean try"

"So what, do we all fight together or is it one by one?" Grace blurted.

"Alright Grace, Jake let's start with you guys. You'll fight in the circle. If any part of your body hits the outside of the circle, you'll be asked to stop or start over"

"Fine, whatevs" Grace rolls her eyes and takes off her jacket and heads toward the center of the circle.

"I want you guys to pay attention, I'll call out positive and negative of the moves you do" John adds in. Magaret agreed by nodding her head.

"This will be fun" Grace smirks toward Jake. They grab each others hand before Margaret shouts begin.

Then they let go and start to fight. Of course Grace throws the first blow with her left arm but Jake blocks it and throws his right toward her face.

"Omg" I heard Madison say, I turned to her and she was biting her nails.

"Margaret, is this necessary?" Ava spat.

"Very good Grace" I turn toward Grace and Jake and she ducked his swing and through her right arm, hitting him in the shoulder.

"I feel its necessary Ava, you will all thank me later"