I'm Sorry

"Can someone past me a slice or two please?!" Will announces over the table.

Mia hands a slice over to Grace who casually hands it over to Will, "thank you" he says aloud which causes me to laugh.

Margaret and John had ordered everyone some pizzas and soda. Everyone was sitting at one big table eating and drinking. I sat next to Mia and Xander felt he should sit on my left. Across from me to my surprise was Jake and he couldn't stop looking at me. At all. I didn't mind though. I had better things to worry about. He kept sending evil glares toward Xander who I'm sure returned them back.

"Do you guys know what goes good with pizza?" Christian calls out.

"What?" Grace answers him.

He starts to smile and pulls out a bag of blood from his pocket, "blood!" He pours it into his cup.

"Ew gross" I heard Chelsea say. I looked at her and she was holding her stomach with one hand and had her other hand over her mouth.

"Keep those things to yourself Christian" Margaret yells from across the room. She was over by the room entrance door talking to John.

"Sorry" he laughs and gets up to put his blood bag and plate in the trash.

I smile and roll my eyes.

"So uh Zoe" I look up into Jake's face and he's smiling, "I never got a chance to tell you that I'm sorry about your mom" the whole table went quiet as everyone waited for my response.

"Um thanks, it's fine. I'm sorry too but its life" I force a smile toward him and get up to put my trash in the bin.

Then I head back to the table, "What happened to your mom?" Mia asked me with a worried look on her face.

"She was um...killed. You know the whole hybrid things drives people crazy. So they were trying to get to me but she was in the way"

"Do you think she was keeping that from you?" she asks.

"Yeah, for my safety" I swallowed and held my head down.

"I'm sorry Zoe" Mia tells me, putting her hand on my arm.

"Yeah" I said quietly. Then I look up at her and around the table. Everyone was looking at me. Even Margaret and John.

~.~.~.~

Margaret aloud us to take a break after we ate. The silence that fell when I told my story in front of everyone was so thick you could cut it with a knife. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I felt like I was comfortable enough to tell them since I'm gonna be here for a while.

"Alright Emily" Will broke through my thoughts with his words then.

We had walked outside, it was Will, Mia, Emily, Grace and I. If you guys remember Emily didn't get her turn earlier in the classroom, she decided now she could do it I mean she's gonna have to in front of the class eventually she had told us on the way out.

"Okay, fine" she said. She bent down to the ground and placed her hands flat on the grass. Then closed her eyes.

"What are you-"

"Sshh" she quieted Grace before she finished her sentence.

She opened her eyes and stood up, "now speak" she said, folding her arms.

"What were you doing?" I asked her in a quiet voice.

"I was feeling the vibrations of the ground and I could hear every animal near us. Birds, snakes, and some others"