Real Deal

The rumbling has drawn itself closer and the fog moves in along with him. He's there and even as I can't see him, I know he still is. His movements are slow paced as if his entrance would make everything in this situation less sweet for us and more sweet for him.

His form flashes in and out of focus, I can see him but I'm not sure my friends can. They stand close but not close and spread apart, in their stance ready for anything. The trees spread as he makes himself known, his body coming visible in full view from toes to head with his arms spread apart. The fog around him makes it seem as if he's floating before he moves his arms in a go away gestures, it causes the trees to still, the fog to dissolve into the air and the storm to clear.

I can fully see him now, the memory of the nightmare I've had of my Mom's death comes to me. It was him, he was the one who ordered her death and now I want to rip his head off only I can't, not yet.

I squeeze my hands together and close my eyes sending a silent message to Mom and Hades again. The power in my blood begins to heighten and makes me want to rage, let it loose and allow all of earth to come crumbling down starting with my enemies. My friends begin to move forward as I'm still standing in the same spot trying to contain the power coursing through me.

"Guys wait" I hold up my hand and they all look to me.

"Don't, he wants me. You don't fight unless I do" I tell them and they all nod.

My eyes scan over each and every one of them, remembering what they look like but as my emotions begin to surface, both anger and sadness, I can feel the creatures begin to shift and change. They grow stronger and scream my name, and it's the loudest I've heard them. They wish to be released but I can't, not yet.

"I love you guys" I tell them as my eyes land on the leader.

"Come on Zoe" Will begins, I look over at him and my friends. They all stand tall and proud to be on my side, they'd do whatever it took to make things right for me.

"Your going soft on us already" he spins the sword in his hand, "the fight hasn't even started yet"

The corner of my mouth rises just a bit before I look forward. All of us in one line make our way forward, approaching him as he stands completely still from afar just beyond the trees edge. I hold up my hand for them to wait and they do just that before I keep going a little more. I stop about twenty feet away from him. I can see his aura, a red mixed with a black, he brings so much hate with him just like I had seen in the vision. He wears all black just like his minions did everytime they'd try to attack us, only now they were nowhere to be found.

"You've made a real mess killing all my people Zoe Hyland" he speaks, his voice hard and demanding. Even as he's a distance, I can still hear him like he's right in front of me.

"And you've picked the wrong time to come out here" I stand my ground.

"Actually, I've picked the perfect time to show up here Zoe. It's when your at your greatest" he holds out his hands to signal my powers, "and your weakest" his arms come out and his eyes land on my friends.

I take a step forward and he holds up a finger before he begins to pace. I stand in one spot, not moving but my eyes stay on him.

"You know," he begins by looking over at me then back elsewhere, "your Mom, she was a fighter-"

"And there's no use of talking about her when she's not here now is there?" I challenge him, "and it's a coward move for you to be stalling"

He releases a laugh, its sound feels as if it vibrates through the ground.