Triggered

Wednesday

I had woken up by the sight of small metal eyes in my view.

My eyes shot open after I saw them again. I don't know who's eyes they were, they weren't Mom's and I have never seen such being in my entire life. Real or not. Last night felt like a dream. Like I was to wake up this morning and see last night as a big dream that was never intended to stick. Stick to my brain I mean, like someone or something was playing tricks.

But I had also awoken with one thought in my mind, to get the book from the media room and to never let it go.

So that's what I was to do first thing after I had gotten to the bathroom and rushed on some tight fitted jeans and a tshirt with some sneakers. I made my way down the stairs, it's funny how I see last night play out in my mind right now. I snuck pass everyone asleep and went into the media room only to be drifted in a living nightmare, only this nightmare wasn't scary at all. It was truthful and real and felt so strong.

I grabbed the book from the shelf and didn't look back before storming out the room and toward the stairs, I walked down the hall and opened the door to my room. I headed over to grab my carry on bag and stuffed the book deep down in the big pocket. I know this was probably a bad idea but I had too.

"Hey Zoe"

I turn around to Mia in the doorway. I pick up the bag and throw it on the bed before making my way to the door.

"Margaret wants everyone downstairs" she mumbles.

I nod as we walk toward the steps. Funny how I didn't see this much people out when I rushed down here a couple minutes ago. Now everyone was in the lobby, waiting for something to happen. Everyone stood around.

"The lights went out last night" Marg tells everyone.

I look at her and fold my arms before leaning my body weight on my right foot.

"Anyone know what happened? Was there anyone out last night?" John stepped up to us all. He looked more lean and taller than he did yesterday. His brown eyes scanned the room.

My eyes go to James then to Chelsea. She locks eyes with me and waves.

"Maybe it was just a power outage, how are they on now?" That was Susan.

For some reason my mind hadn't gotten to the thought of them staying last night. She looked over at me now, she could probably sense that I was the one who made the lights go out. Her gray eyes wrinkle at the corners when she smiles. Maybe she already knows.

"Because John turned them back on, the fuse box was completely fine" Margaret finishes, "anyway, that's not why I called you guys all down here"

She waits before continuing, making sure everyone can hear her. Especially me.

"So, what's the big woop about Marg? Spit it out" Will releases his thoughts with words out his mouth and Grace hides her face, shaking her head.

"Don't start Will" Marg rolls her eyes and they land on something else, "will you guys pay attention?"

Everyone looks at Stacey and Alex laughing and being all over each other. My thoughts go to Xander and I see that he's standing in front of me. So where is Jake? I turn around and look up into a pair of ocean blue eyes as they stare down at me. He smiles and it's not a hi smile, it's a smile you give a girl who you know is going to be yours. I turn back to the front, hiding the smile on my lips.

"I'm taking you guys out today" Margaret announces.

"Out where exactly?" I asked. I didn't even think I had a voice right now.