You'll See

When I woke up from my nap, I looked over on the nightstand and I checked the time. It was 8:30pm.

I rolled over to the other side of my bed and faced the window, the curtains were open just a little and sun had descended in the sky which caused a faint glow of purple streaks in a blue sky. It was pretty as I focused my eyes to see it more clearly before climbing out of my bed and making my way toward the bathroom. When I came out, I went for the window. I opened the curtains, turned around to see if Mia's body would appear in the dark but nothing. Not even the slightest hint of her presents.

I let out a breath and turned my attention back to the window. Where could she be? As I looked out the sky grew darker and darker until there was nothing but a navy blue coated sky filled with stars. The moon hadn't risen into view yet. It was like once it had, all the stars had to move out of the way so it could shine brighter than all of them. I closed my eyes and put my hand to the glass of the window. It was cold and my ears picked up the winds that blew threw the trees which caused a rustle and leaves to fall to the ground. I opened them and I looked at the forest. I missed it, maybe I should go out right now and do some practice. It's like everything that I've come to learn or gain works better at night.

So I slipped on some shoes and grabbed a jacket, zipping it all the way up to my neck and made my way back to the window. This time when I looked out, I saw something. The same something that I saw the last time I looked out the window. It was a person and they stood with all black on again. They looked up at the window and I stepped back but not out of view. Their face held a blank expression, no emotion or anything. I had no idea who it was. I don't understand why I don't recognize any of the faces I've been seeing lately, the one outside my window, the girl in the media room. He was just staring up at me through the window.

The next thing I knew I was rushing toward the door and down the hall to the steps, flying down them like my life depended on it. So maybe it did, whoever this was or whoever they were, they weren't going to stop coming here. It's me they want and if I don't do something about it then no one will.

I reach the big brown wood doors and I hesitate to open the door afraid of what I might find. I can't let myself slip this time. I can't let these people get to me. I'm more powerful then anyone.

I open it and step out into the wind that started blowing even harder now that I was outside. Its temperature making my skin feel like theres peices of icicles hitting them and bouncing off into the distance. I step down the steps and look around sure to be alert if anyone tries to sneak attack. I start walking toward the woods but not far from the building. I stop in the middle and I get to the ground, close my eyes and focus on the sounds around. The wind overpowers all but one thing, a whistle. My eyes flash open on high alert and I turn toward the sound. Theres someone making there way toward me. Maybe its James, but it's not. It can't be. They get closer and the light from the building allows just enough brightness to hit the figure  making it's way over.

It's not him. It's not James. I swallow and watch them as they come closer and closer until they stop at about ten feet away from me.

"Whoever you are, you should just leave now" I say aloud. But they don't move or speak, they stand. And another figure emerges from that body and another. Now theres three people standing there.

I let out a breath, "great, you should've stayed in bed Zoe" I say to myself.

They all start walking toward me again, the one in the middle stays put but the other two make there way over. I squint trying my best to make out their forms but then I realize they are disappearing right in front of me. The one standing by himself grabs something from his pocket. It makes a flicking sound and the light catches it, it's a knife. Just like the other guy had.