Bad Manners

Monday

I am heading to practice with Mia right now. For the first time in a long time, she actually doesn't leave the room before I wake. I decided on some jeans, a purple tshirt and some tight sneakers since we were really starting practice. It's been while.

And now I feel as though I should carry my weapon around with me no matter where I go. I run my hand over it in my back pocket, I can feel its energy, it causes me to smile.

"I think Margaret said something about weapons today" Mia held the door open for me as we walked outside. Everyone was crowded once again in the same place out in the field only this time, Jake and John wasn't there. They had to go and get something before we started.

I looked around as we waited. Everyone was talking but somehow, I could tell someone was missing. My eyes scan the yard before I realize its Madison. I wonder where she could be. Ava on the other hand was out with everyone else, she stood to the side with Chelsea. I looked at Chels and she gave me a really small smile that she probably didn't want me to see but I saw it anyway. Then she turned away.

"Um Margaret, what is going on today?" Grace speaks up.

I hadn't even realized Margaret was standing to the side until now. I haven't really talked to her much unless it was about something I really needed, since that day. The day she didn't believe me. It had been two days since than. But it seemed like more than that.

"We are going to be using those weapons you guys keep talking about" she announces to everyone. I was glad to have brought my dagger with me. I wasn't sure she was going to let me use it though.

"That's not us" Chelsea points to all the girls and the guys stand to the other side, "they are the ones who are excited about using them" she points to the guys.

"Yes, and I'm sure you'll see that in the end it'll all be fine. You'll get the hang of it Chelsea" Margaret told her.

"Yeah Chelsea" James speaks up, "I mean I'll be happy to help you with the weapon if you can't handle it" he puts his arm around her shoulders and bites his bottom lip.

"Get off of me please" she tries pushing him away but it only makes him want her more. She does it for a while until she can't help but laugh at him for trying so hard. I shake my head.

"You think she'll give in?" Mia asks me in a low voice.

"Who knows, maybe. I'll give it a few days" I chuckle.

"I'll give it a few hours" she laughs and we continue to talk for what felt like forever. Margaret had even called John to see if he was on his way back. Its 10:50am.

"Okay, you guys can just relax for now. He should be on his way" Margaret tells everyone and I nod.

She begins to head for the building just as Madison runs through the door.

"Zoe!" She yells, running toward me. She almost fell before crashing into my arms. I look at her face and she's pale. Like she's seen a ghost.

She stands and let's go of me, "Zoe, I saw your Mom"

I swallow, "what?" I stare at her really hard. I believe her, I would never think Madison would lie to me. She said she had seen her before and maybe she's right. I'm always seeing her too. Funny how I could give off the energy to believe someone but no one would suck up the energy to believe anything about me.

"Your Mom! She-"

She doesn't finish. Theres a high pitched ringing in my ears as I bring my hands up to them. It's not strong but it's there and I can feel it only just a little.