Good Poison

"Hey Dad" I said through the phone once the ringing stopped on the other line.

"Zoe, you've waited almost three weeks to call me again. I didn't say you should avoid me that much"

I laughed and he chuckled through the phone, "very funny, I'm sorry it took so long to call you Dad"

"Its okay, I understand your learning new things about yourself and you need time"

I smiled, he always knew how to understand. And so did Mom.

"Yeah I have, Dad you remember someone named Susan?" I asked him.

I wanted to know for sure and I wanted to get it out of the way. Eventhough Will had told me what she said was true, I wanted to here it from my Dad. I had too.

"Um yeah, I think so" he stays quiet for a while and just as I'm about to say something, he speaks.

"She has a daughter named Stacey, and she was good friends with your Mom. That's something else we never told you about, you probably don't remember" his voice goes low.

"Its okay" I tell him

"How did you know?"

"She came here because she knew I would be here, she told me everything Dad. She even gave me a memory from the past and I didn't even think it was possible" I explain.

"Yeah, when you have a special link to someone and her and your Mom were very close. You lose memories when you begin to-"

"Change, I know" I cut into his voice.

He let's out a breath, "she was closer to your Mom than me though, I remember"

I nod as if he can see me. I wish he could.

"Dad I want to see you"

"I know, I haven't had a chance to talk to Margaret about it but I did hear you guys are doing great there" I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah" I get up out of the bed and walk over to the window.

This morning I woke up and Mia was gone but I didn't mind at all. She was probably off with Xander doing whatever. Margaret also told me that I should call Dad and I needed too. I missed him, I needed some time and she aloud me to talk to him in my room.

I opened the dark curtains and looked out at the view. The same place I saw someone standing down on the grass looking up at me, taunting me which drove me insane. It's been a couple days since the last attack on us and I guess they wouldn't try anything else especially after what I did. Who knows, maybe they will but why would their leader send them out only to lose more of them? I'm sure he knows they are dead when they don't return.

Before I'm about to leave the window, I see someone come out from behind the trees but they don't face me. My heart is steady, who would try something at this time of the morning? Someone else emerges from the trees and they stand there together until they look up at me. Its Grace and Will, they start waving, dancing and doing silly things up at the window to get my attention. I laugh and shake my head before I move out of sight, toward the bed again.

"Hey Zo?" Dad says.

"Have you looked in your travel bag yet? Your Mom and I left some things for you" he says.

My heart sinks but I move toward my closet to retrieve the bag. I pull it out and pick it up so I can put it on the bed. My travel bag is what I used for school back when Mom gave it to me for the first time. Every since then, I never stopped using it and the memory hasn't faded. I always put everything in it. My clothes, shoes, money, my ID and whatever else important stuff I need just in case I have to just up and leave someday. At least some part of me still feels completely normal.