Powerful

Margaret's idea of idea wasn't anywhere near the ideas I'd have in mind.

I was too use all the power I had in and fight against all of my friends. I wasn't scared or nervous or anything, I knew they'd be okay and I'd try my best not to let anything happen to them in the process of trying not to kill them at the same time. And in the middle of all the commotion that was about to go on was my cousin.

"What?!" I yelled, my voice boomed.

"You will get to Stacey and you will try to protect in the process of doing so" Marg explained, she paced the floor. She seemed more nervous than anything right now.

My friends weren't and I wasn't either. Stacey on the other hand was happy as can be, she liked the attention and the idea of being the center of it all. That someone was trying to protect her and her cousin with the greatest gift of all people. I shook my head at her. The energy she gave off was wild and it made my powers dance around. I tightened my fists and sent a small silent message from my brain to its position. A smiled played at my lips at how it had a mind of its own yet and still I was the one to control it.

"Alright" I say aloud. Susan met my eyes, I forced a smile.

"Alright?" Marg question, I turned to her and shook my head.

"Yeah, I mean I guess I could handle this" I tell her and she puts her lips together in a thin line and nods her head before she holds her arms out to gather everyone.

"Zoe, this is good but also bad. Are you sure you'll be able to handle this?" Susan asked.

It was my time to put my hand to her arm. She calmed from my touch and I smiled toward her. I looked over her shoulder at Stacey, how she jumped around and ran into Alex's arms before they tumbled over which made Margaret mad. She snapped her fingers and made them pay attention.

"Susan its going to be okay" I tell her.

"I know Zoe, but I'm worried still"

I didn't have to close my eyes to feel her heartbeat through her body. Its pulse vibration reached my hand and I pulled it away quick.

"You should be nervous, its good" I repeated her words.

She laughs, "yeah, I told you that because you are the one fighting. Not me"

"Hey Zoe" I turn to John, "they're ready for you"

I nod and turn to walk away from Susan but I feel her grab my arm. I turn to her for the last time.

"Be careful"

I smile, close my eyes and bring on the full engery of my powers in a flash of lighting. It seemed like the air around us whipped and grew darker the more I focused on all my energy. I opened my eyes, looking down at my hands now the same darkness floated around them slowly.

I looked to Susan and her eyes were wide from the sight in front of her.

"Your gifted Zo" she chuckled lightly before she took a step closer, "the gifted hybrid"

I smiled widely at her before turning away to make my way to the middle of the grass again. The same spot as before, I was a distance from my friends and Margaret made her way back over toward the sidelines. I looked to them and it seemed as if they grew father and father away, I could hear the echoes of their voices in the distance as the space between us grew. I took my stance, waiting for that go moment. My vision heightened and I could see Stacey's body in the middle of the crowd of supernatural.

I was to get pass them all and protect what was to be protected. What was mine, I closed my eyes again. I could hear nothing but silence.

Pretend she's me Zoe, Mom said. The corner of my mouth lifted thinking of her. Pretend you had to protect me.