Just Talk

Everyone headed into the building so we could eat. I didn't walk in with them, they all came in after me and hadn't said a word to me since what happened with Susan. I didn't blame them or anything and I didn't even blame Susan. I was just angry with myself, I let my greatest power get the best of me and I said I wasn't going to let that happen.

I was the first to get in line to grab something to eat. They had sandwiches for us so I grabbed one, some chips and an apple with a water. When I was finished, I began to head toward the table. The table where everyone sat, where everyone would talk amongst each other about anything. I couldn't do it, I don't know why I just couldn't so I held on tighter to my things in my hand and headed for the door.

Its weird, all the food I grabbed from the cafe and I wasn't even hungry even though I was pretty sure that my body was after using all the power. I just didn't want to eat right now.

I headed toward the same door we had came in, making my way outside to the backyard again to sit at a table by myself. I just felt like I need some time to think.

I lay down my things and began to pick at my sandwich. The soft bread complements the turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes and it goes great together but I really don't have an appetite. I take a small bite and open my chips, taking some and stuffing them into my mouth. I open my water bottle and throw my head back, taking a big drink of the water. When my head falls, I can see someone make their way toward the table.

The sun shines threw the clouds and lands on them and as they make their way closer, I realize who it is and I wonder if she came out here to talk or yell at me for what I did.

"Hi" Stacey smiles, her arms folded

"Can I sit?" She asks. I nod at her and she unfolds her arms, this time making sure she's careful not to trip on anything under the table.

"You came out here to yell at me and it's okay, I totally understand" I finally talk.

"I didn't come out here to yell at you" she chuckles, "I just came to talk"

"Alright" I relax onto the table.

"Moms fine you know?"

"No! I shouldn't have done that, I am so sorry and I still feel bad I did it to her of all people. You guys are...family" I explain.

She smiles, "yes, we are Zoe. And I would never yell at you for a small mistake"

"Wasn't small" I cut in.

"You know? Your amazing Zo, and I don't really remember you just like you don't remember" she stops and looks at me.

I wait for her to finish," but if I could, I would want too and I'd do anything too. You were like a sister, well you are kinda still"

I smile, "thanks Stacey"

"I'm not finish" she rolls her eyes and smiles, "I saw you coming when we tapped into our future, me and Mom. It gets stronger when we work together to do it"

"Wait, you guys can both..." my voice trails off.

"Yup, we both share the same energy and it's not so hard on myself like it is when I just do it" she explains.

I nod my head, "anyway, I saw you but you weren't you. And it's weird because it was the only way I could see you. You were there sometimes and sometimes you weren't, you were dark and different. Kind of like you were when you grabbed Susan, it's just that in my vision it was more intense"

"Really?" I'm the one intrigued now. I finish my food, not even realizing I had finished it and put the trash to the side.

"Yeah, you know I can never read your thoughts which is weird. Even though I'm still learning, I could still read people just a bit but you" she points to me, "I can't"