An Idea

Yesterday was a complete table turner. And not just for me but for everyone. Margaret had insisted Susan and Stacey stayed the night but for some reason, they wanted to give us space especially me after the information she told us. I was surprised when Mia called me over to the table, she had said everyone was excited about the powers that I'd gained and for the first time in a long time, I was so glad that Dad sent me here to learn more about myself.

"Show us something Zoe"  Mia told me.

"What?"

"Show us something with your gift"

The expression on her face made me want to show her. Show her the strongest I could become but I couldn't. They saw what I did yesterday and I didn't want to scare them again.

"Maybe some other time, I just don't feel comfortable showing you guys right now and plus I'm super tired" I explained to them.

They seemed to understand after what happened. I was tired, very tired and I didn't want to show them something and they would regret it in the end.

"Okay" I looked up at Mia, her eyebrows were together in thought.

"What are you thinking Mia?" I said. Everyone around the table were talking but got quiet.

"Nothing its just... I'll ask Marg tomorrow" she smiled and got up out of her seat.

I grabbed her arm before she could attempt to walk away, "ask her what?"

"Nothing, it's nothing Zoe it was just a thought"

"Tell me!" I whisper yelled at her.

"Maybe tell us all, you guys already seem to have enough secrets as it is and its bugging us out. We are your friends and we deserve to know what's going on. It's all of us or none of us" Will explained before crossing his arms. I looked toward Grace and she smiled at him. Everyone else around the table agreed with what he said.

Mia rolled her eyes, "fine, I was thinking...since your so strong Zoe and nothing seems to hurt you-" she stopped and I didn't take my eyes off of her but I let go of her arm. This isn't going to be good, I could feel my powers twitching.

"Nothing seems to hurt you so I thought that maybe we could use your gifts as a good thing, like a practice to get better with our gifts using you" she finished and her eyes left mine.

"Hell no!" I yelled.

"Hell yes Zoe! It's an amazing idea and I think she should tell Marg just to see what she says. Maybe we could start tomorrow" James made his way over to us and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. I crossed mine arms and waited.

"I'm not doing this" I told them.

"We could try Zo, what's the worst that could happen?" That was Jake.