No Way In

"Margaret I swear I did not mean to ruin today's practice" I swallowed, nervous how she'd react to what happened.

I was fidgety, my hands wouldn't stop moving and I couldn't stop biting my lip.

"Zoe, it's fine okay?" she rested her head on her hand and forced a smile.

"She ran up to me and I just reacted. I'm sorry I forgot by abilities are greater then everyone elses" I looked at her.

"For the hundredth time Zoe, it's okay. I know how Chelsea can get. She's got a bit of a hard head on her" she stood up out of her chair and walked around her desk to sit up against the edge next to me.

"Are you sure?" I say, my hands finally stopped moving.

"Yes" she laughed a little, "Chels will be okay, I'm just glad John caught her in time"

"Wait, you talked to her already?"

"Yes, and she said shes fine. I told her she shouldn't have acted the way she did toward you. She had to expect it, especially from you"

"Oh...ok" I let out a breath of air and sit back in the chair.

"Next time, I will have you train with someone that has more skills, that way they really have a competition. You have great skills Zoe"

"I told you your special" she says, putting a hand on my shoulder then letting go.

"Yeah" I looked down into my lap, "I didn't think I would be that great at fighting"

"And it's a good thing you are" she finishes.

I give her a smile, "Now come on, I have something I need to do and I can't have you sit here alone" she declares.

I stand and we both head for the door.

"You can call your dad soon too Zoe, just don't be on too long" she smiles and starts to walk away.

"Just let me know when" she yells and I look at the back of her head while she's walking down to the other end of the hall.

As I'm about to head for the stairs, I spot Xander talking to Alex and James. They were walking up toward me. I assumed they just came from outside.

"Hey" I say to then, specifically to Xander but he doesn't look too happy to see me right about now.

"Oh hey Zoe" James says, he comes over to my right side and puts an arm around my shoulders, "I was thinking. Maybe you could teach me some of your moves you know? That was pretty amazing what you did today"

My face turns up in a are you kidding me?  face and my lips come together in a thin line.

  "Um, I don't think-"

"Its okay baby, you don't have to teach him anything. He can learn on his own" Alex chimes in and ends up on my left side.

He pulls my whole body away from James and wraps his arm around my shoulders, "though I wouldn't mind you teaching me some moves. One-on-one you know?" He bites his lip.

I look at Xander and he smiles and shakes his head.

I guess he isn't gonna try and help me. He's probably still pissed about the whole hand holding situation with Jake at practice this morning.

"Sure" I say aloud and they all look at me with a shocked expression.

"Really?" Alex steps back away from me.

"Yeah, if you guys really wanna know what being thrown up in the air feels like, sure. And just imagine what I would do to you guys since your boys" I fold my arms and smile.