Visions Told Truth

There is nothing I can see as far as my eyes go.

Why am I stuck here again? Where am I?
I have no idea.

I don't want to see Mom again, I can't it would be too much to bear now. Just the memory of it causes my head to ring only it doesn't feel like a dream or a memory. It was never that, it was real and it happened.

Just like the things I've been seeing in my head, like visions that keep coming to me. Like something trying to warn me. Mom was the one, she was the one trying to warn me.

"Zoe?"

She called to me, I heard her but I couldn't see her and I couldn't feel the emotion in my soul. All I could feel was the vibration of her voice, the way she called my name and the warning feel of it.

The darkness around me was safe yet it still brought on something so powerful and heartfelt, the vision. My friends, each one of them fighting against these dark people, these creatures who have powers beyond our measures. And Dad, he was hurt. He had gotten hurt and it was all my fault. They all were killed and it was all my fault.

"Zoe!"

I opened my eyes and turned to the voice, seeing and feeling nothing but cold air around my body and the dark that surrounds my form. I trying walking but I can't, there's a transparent wall that blocks me in from the outside world. At least that's what it felt like and everytime Mom would call she would sound closer.

"Zoe..." she's coming.

"Mom?" I called to her, my voice echoing through the empty frosty air.

She didn't answer, my breathing was steady and I hadn't felt a thing until my head began to ring again. The sound in my ear, high and out of focus. Its happening again, I flinch from the pain but it isn't unbearable.

"Hey Zo" an unnatural, evil felt laugh echoes after the mention of my name and my heart begins to speed. I squeeze my eyes together, first instinct and don't open them hoping to drown out the sounds of multiple voices that began to call me.

"Zoe"

It's not her Zoe, don't listen.

"Zoee...."  theres another. Then another and maybe ten other voices and I don't listen, the voices being drowned out by the shield in my mind. Until the right one. Until Mom.

"Zoe!"

My eyes shot open. That's her, I turn around wishing to see her face just for a minute. A minute is all I need. And then I see her. I draw in a sharp breath.

She stands there, her face filled with warning and fear and something else I can't put my finger on. Her hand comes out in front of us both and just by closing it, she quiets the voices around us.