A Favor

Monday

The next morning everyone was up and ready. Margaret asked us all to meet in the classroom and I had a feeling I knew exactly why. My mind began to come up with all types of questions that needed answering and it knew exactly who to ask. Susan and Stacey were coming today and I needed to get as much questions answered as I possibly could.

As if on cue, I stepped out of the cold room into the even colder hallway and everyone else came walking down the hall toward the steps.

"Hey Zo" My eyes widened as Chelsea came speed walking up too me. Her hair held tight curls and she wore glossy pinkish lipstick, it made her bright blue eyes pop even more along with the mascara.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask her but her face reads paranoia, "what's wrong?"

She looks back, "can you somehow take away the mating season of werewolves?" She gives a nervous laugh.

"What?" I cough, nearly choking on air.

We all head down the steps, we reach the bottom and I look back. Walking close behind is Xan, Alex and James. James whispers something to Alex and they all start laughing put loud. I squint my eyes, their top fangs show even more in their mouths and they seem to have grown longer since coming here. Maybe it is mating season. Hope that type of thing doesn't affect me. But what would mating have to do with growing?

"Your talking about James" I laugh.

"Its not funny, he wants- you know" her face redens

"What, you don't?" I look back at them and my eyes meet Xanders. He smiles and I return the same.

He's not yours Zoe, Mia likes him you know? Your best friend? I shake my head to rid my thoughts.

"Um no I do, I mean no I don't. I just- not right now that's all. This is definitely not a place for that type of commitment and plus we just met" her eyes scan the empty space in front of us. Who would've thought Chelsea would get nervous over something like this?

We head into the class and my eyes scan the room and land on Susan's, her face brightens and she stands up from her seat. Stacey stays put in her seat to her left.

Before I take my usual seat on the left of the room, "well Chels your the girl, your in control so whatever you say goes. Just tell him how you really feel" I say before I take my seat.

To my surprise, she takes the empty seat next to me.

She nods, "okay"

"Hey Chels" James calls to her and waves her over. I look at her and she forces a small smile and shakes her head before she gets up and slowly trudges over to sit next to him. She gets comfortable in the seat and folds her arms while he wastes no time in stretching his arm across the back of her seat. He leans over and tells her something in her ear and she bites her lip before pushing him away.

"Lovebirds huh?" Mia says, she sits in the seat next to me. I nod

"Where were you this morning?" I ask her. She had left before I even woke up.

"I was just, in the media room again looking up some things" she explains not making any eye contact with me.

I don't remove my eyes from her face, "are you sure?"

She turns her head so fast I think it just might fall from her body, "what do you mean? Yes I'm sure"

"Okay" I look toward the front of the class, I don't want to get on her bad side right now so I just leave it alone for now. Besides, I don't know if Xan was in the room with her or if anyone else was there either.