ONE

"You know you've made it when you're freaking backstage of the Ellen Degeneres show!"

"Ahhh!" the two best friends squealed in front of the camera.

Kat and Alex have been best friends since the fifth grade, so of course, when the opportunity arose to bring her to the Ellen Degeneres show- a show they watched for years, Kat took it.

She felt like a teenager again with how excited she was being backstage at her favorite show, and like any true Latina, she brought along a whole group of people.

Carter shook his head from his seat, "I can't believe you really brought along these many people."

"Hey!" Kat frowned, "There was no limit of how many people I could bring- I checked."

"So you bring your whole family? Literally?"

"You just don't get it," Kristine chuckled at her little sister's friend, "This is a big moment for Kitty Kat- her first time on freaking Ellen! We had to be here."

"Duh," Karmen now scoffed, "It's Ellen."

"But to fly out all the way from New York?" he frowned, "Isn't that too much?"

"¿Por qué eres amigo de este gringo? (Why are you friends with this white boy?)"

"Hey! I know what gringo means!" Carter huffed as he sat up.

"What about all the other words?" Alex chuckled.

"Not all of us are Spanish."

"I barely speak it and I know what she said," Alex defended, Carter only shaking his head in response.

"You guys are too much," Kat chuckled as she finally put her phone away after posting that Instagram story of her and Alex.

"When do you even go on?"

"We're ready for you."

Kat found the nerves build up seeing one of the workers there.

"Apparently, now."

Instantly Alex and Kristine had their phones out, Carter shaking his head in amusement watching Kat get ready.

Her mother, who had been silent until that moment finally looked away from her facebook live stream, handing the phone off the Carter as she went to her daughter.

"Que Dios te bendiga mi niña. (May God bless my little girl.)"

"Thanks, momma," Kat smiled softly, hugging her and the others before taking off.

"You nervous?" the worker asked seeing her fidget with the edge of her dress.

"Are you kidding me? It's freaking Ellen Degeneres, of course, I'm nervous."

He only chuckled as they waited for the cue.

The theme music went on and Ellen spoke briefly, showing a clip from Kat's latest movie before announcing, "And here she is! Kat Perez!"