THIRTY FOUR

It felt weird

It felt weird.

Not seeing a text from Kat.

It felt weird knowing she was in England but he couldn't see her because she wanted nothing to do with him.

The entire situation was just crazy to him.

He was sure after seeing her at his favorite lunch spot just two days before that the next day after their date she would be his girlfriend.

He even went home the same day he first saw her and told Harrison that he wouldn't be going out anymore.

"Fuck whatever the guys say, I'm not going out."

"Alright," Harrison chuckled, "They're going to talk shit though."

"I don't care."

But part of Tom did.

Hearing his friends basically make fun of him later, it definitely did bother him a bit but he cared more about Kat.

Those kisses with her that day and just seeing her in general was enough to make him finally tell his friends to fuck off.

Harrison saw how frustrated he was getting and eventually decided to try to step in.

"Guys, Tom obviously can't go around sleeping with random girls when his girl is currently in the same area as him- what if she finds out?"

"Fuck it," one of the guys laughed, "Who cares if she finds out? You don't want to be with her, right?"

"Are you daft?" Tom glared, "I literally just said I want to be with her."

"But our question is why. Why would you want to be with her after all the fun we've shown you? All the fun those girls have shown you?"

"Because- within a second of seeing her, everything we did, all the 'fun' we had went away. I'd rather spend the week with her at home watching a movie than sleeping around."

"You say that now," the older one of them warned, "But in a couple of years..."

"In a couple of years, I'm going to be happily married to that girl," Tom interrupted, sending one final glare to his friends before going upstairs to his room.

Once they left, Harrison went straight to Tom's room.

"I'm proud of you, you know?" he smiled at him.

"You agreed with them, said I should forget about her."

"Hey, I never said forget about her," Harrison tried to defend himself now, "I just didn't want you to make things official, make her your girlfriend then screw things up because you felt rushed. I wanted you to let out all your insecurities now."

"I wish I never had any insecurities," Tom whispered to Harrison the day after his and Kat's failed date.

When Tom first told him about what happened, Harrison almost couldn't believe it.

He should've known something was up the second Alex lied about what he said at the restaurant.

"I just... I can't believe she found out."

"She was bound to find out," Tom huffed, taking a swig of his beer, "If I had never done anything in the first place, I wouldn't have had to worry about a thing."

"Isn't it better though that you did this while you two weren't official rather than when you two were and you actually did cheat?"

"I never would've cheated on her," he frowned.

"Well, in her eyes, you technically already did."

Tom only glared at Harrison, making him hold his hands up in defense.

"I'm sorry, I know I should be on your side-"

"Let's be real," Tom cut him off, "You never were."

"I never- how the hell was I never on your side?"

"Instead of supporting me and my feelings for her, you suggested I go out and sleep around! You agreed with those dickheads and pressured me into doing all that!"

"Hey, you're a grown man, you could've said no all on your own. You chose not to."

"Because my best friend was telling me that I was being stupid!"

"You got a matching tattoo with the girl- what did you expect me to think?"

"I expected you to be happy for me!"

"And you think Kat's sisters were happy for her?" Harrison now yelled, "Cause I assure you, Tom, they probably weren't but she didn't go around sleeping with random guys after that. You did. So don't try to go blame this all on me when you only have yourself to blame!"

"I screwed up! I know I screwed up!" Tom yelled now too, slamming his bottle down.

Silence overcame the two of them as Tom now slowly sat down on his couch.

"She loved me for me. She... didn't care about Spider-man or who I'm friends with or even all the baggage with Zendaya and the rumors. She... she truly cared, and treated me so great yet I... the second I get the chance, I throw her to the side as if she meant nothing."

Harrison sighed, now sitting with him, "I think... I think the reason you did what you did was because you always thought she'd be there no matter what. But this goes to show- she's not some girl who'll just wait at your beck and call."

"You're right," he sighed, "I took advantage of her, how much she liked me. I didn't think I'd ever lose her so I tested that and now, now she left me."

"May-maybe she isn't the girl for you then," Harrison tried, "If she left that easily, maybe it's best things ended."

Tom knew Harrison was only trying to make him feel better and didn't mean a word he just said.

"You and I both know that isn't how you feel- you love her."

"I do, I think she's perfect for you, always have but... Tom, I was just worried about you. When I saw that tattoo-"

"Why do you think I got the tattoo? It was not a spur of the moment thing... well, okay, it was, but I thought hard about it and actually- there was not a doubt in my mind about getting it... not until I let you lot get into my head."

"Fuck, I am sorry mate," Harrison frowned, "I still firmly believe it was your own fault for listening to us but we shouldn't have said anything anyways- I should've just been happy you were happy."

"And I definitely should've been confident enough to tell you guys to fuck off."

Harrison now smiled sadly as he patted his best friend on the shoulder, "I'm sure in time she'll forgive you- and who knows maybe in a couple weeks you'll feel all better and meet some-"

"No," Tom cut him off with a frown, "You don't get it, do you? She's different. I- there's not going to be anyone else like her that'll make me feel this way."

"You say that now..."

"I'll always say that because... because I got to know her so well so fast, it literally hasn't felt like we've only known each other for a couple of months- it feels like years."

"Tom... it... it sounds like you love her."

"Well, now I'll never know for sure, will I?"

written: November 17, 2018
posted: January 18, 2019

that gif though 😭

Becky G (aka the faceclaim for Kat) just released a new song so check it out and show her some support 😬😬😬