TWENTY SIX

Tom was only gone for a day and it already felt so weird without him

It felt weird not waking up next to him, not spending the day with him, and him just not being here.

Kat knew she had to return to her everyday life without him, no matter how difficult it proved to be.

So that's exactly what she did- or at least tried to do.

Apparently, now that she was in Tom's radar, a lot of people wanted to take pictures of her or with her.

Especially with the leaked photos of their dates around the city, they were basically the talk of the fandom right now.

It was definitely new to her and Alex who tried her best not to look too annoyed whenever she was interrupted mid-conversation by a fan asking her if she was really Kat Perez.

"I just- I don't mind them at all. We used to be in their position you know? And you know damn well if I saw fucking Zendaya I would've asked for a picture in a heartbeat... but not when she was talking to someone."

"Well, they might be scared they might lose their chance if they don't interrupt, so they do it anyway."

"Yeah but you're not that important," Alex shrugged.

"Bitch!" Kat gasped, "I take it you're still sour I haven't introduced you to Zendaya yet?"

"That's like me meeting Tom first and not introducing him to you right away," Alex huffed, "It's betrayal to the highest extent."

"I already told her about you and she wants to meet you- she's just busy right now."

"Yeah, I'm sure," Alex scoffed, "Are you sure you didn't embarrass me in front of her?"

"No! How could I possibly embarrass you? You weren't even obsessed with her."

"Yeah but I did always say she was drop dead gorgeous and wifey material."

"Well obviously I didn't tell her all that."

"You better not have," Alex threatened, only earning an eye roll from Kat.

"You realize you don't scare me, right?"

"Bitch I better-"

"I'm sorry," a voice cut Alex off, "Are you Kat Perez? And Alex Delon?"

Alex perked up at that.

"Wait. Me? How do you know my name?"

"Honestly? I followed Kat when I first saw her in Empire then I saw you and now- I'm your guys' biggest fan."

"Oh my god," Alex giggled, "Can I get a picture with you?"

"Are you kidding? Can I get a picture with you?"