TWENTY FIVE

A week had passed since Tom arrived in New York and he was not ready to go back- even if his flight was tomorrow

He considered extending the trip but Kat talked some sense into him, knowing he had work to do at home.

They decided to spend their last day together inside- just a lazy day at home.

Kat didn't think it was possible but she found herself closer than ever to Tom, learning more and more about him through their many talks.

"Okay, wait, I always meant to ask- what's the deal with quakson?"

Tom groaned, "I knew this day would come! I was hoping it wouldn't but it did!"

Kat giggled, brushing her hair back, "Seriously though, what's that about?"

"You haven't seen the video?"

"I saw it like once when the memes were everywhere."

"Well I don't say quackson! I say croissant!"

"I dunno... hearing it now... they both kinda sound like quakson."

"I'm saying croissant!" he argued, only to earn giggles from Kat, "You're just as bad as everyone else."

"Hey," Kat pouted, "It's not my fault you don't know how to say croissant."

"I say it fine- you just let that video and the memes get to you. I bet you if anyone who knows nothing about it heard me, they'd know I'm saying croissant."

"I accept that challenge," Kat smirked now sitting up, "This is going to be fun."

"Uh huh. I'm sure it is. What are you going to do?"

"We are going to... okay, I bet I can make Alex go to the store, right, and she's gonna ask if want anything. That's when you say..."

"I want a croissant."

Kat couldn't help but giggle, "That really does sound like quackson."

"It doesn't," he sighed deeply, "Watch- she's going to understand exactly what I said."

"She isn't," Kat giggled, "And she won't ask what you mean. She'll say okay anyway without even knowing and come back with God knows what."

"Fine, you have a deal," Tom huffed, reaching out to shake her hand.

They continued to talk amongst themselves when Kat noticed Alex coming down the stairs.

"Alexandra! Come in here please!"

Alex popped her head in the doorway moments later, "What's up?"

"Can you pretty please go to the store for me?" Kat asked hopefully, only to earn an eye roll from Alex, "Pretty please! I'm really craving my strawberry wafers!"