TWENTY SEVEN

Following her argument with her sisters, Kat wanted desperately to get out of the house so, she did whenever she got the chance

Normally she'd just opt to stay in and text Tom but after having to wait hours for his response, she decided not to wait anymore.

She found herself at a diner nearby, in her own little world when she heard a familiar laugh.

Sitting not too far away from her, Noah sat talking to the waitress, a big smile on his face as they spoke.

Kat smiled brightly, quick to go over to him, "Noah Centineo."

Noah turned around slowly, smiling when he saw her, "Katalina Perez. Fancy seeing you here."

"You're kidding, right?" she chuckled, taking a seat next to him, "This is where I always go. What are you doing here?"

"I just had to see you," Noah joked, earning a scoff from the waitress who now walked away annoyed.

"Always the charmer," Kat joked, waving over a new waitress.

"You just- I was actually getting somewhere with her!"

"Hey! I wasn't the one flirting, you were."

"That was not flirting," Noah chuckled.

"Whatever," Kat shook her head, ordering with the older waitress before turning to Noah again, "So what are you doing in New York?"

"Just wrapped filming, I needed a getaway so I figured what better place to go than New York?"

"Uh huh, I'm sure."

"So what have you been up to Kit-Kat?"

'Just escaping my home because of my super judgmental sisters', Kat thought but instead settled for, "Nothing much. How about you?"

Noah went on and on about how amazing the filming of his latest movie had gone.

He was a good distraction for Kat, who was extremely grateful that she managed to bump into him.

By the time they left the diner, her mind was completely off the situation back home.

Noah's mind was somewhere else.

"So, are we headed back to your place then?" Noah asked in a suggestive tone.

"We could- but it would only be to hang out as friends."

"With benefits," he finished, making Kat chuckle as she shook her head.

"No. Strictly friends."

"What are you on your period or something? Cause we can just hop in the shower and I can turn you around and-"

"I swear to God Noah if you finish that sentence," Kat threatened, making him laugh as he shook his head.