SEVENTY EIGHT

"I don't get it

"I don't get it. I thought they liked me. Why do they want to have lunch together all of a sudden?"

"They do like you," Kat giggled, "They just want to get to know you better- especially before Alejandro and Emmanuel go back to Florida."

"Are the kids going to at least be there?" Tom asked hopefully.

"Nope," Kris smirked, "They're off with their grandparents."

"Hurry up guys!" Karmen called out impatiently from the door, "We're already late."

Tom took a deep breath before following the girls inside where, surely enough, all of their cousins sat laughing amongst themselves.

"Finally!" Emmanuel called out, "We already ordered you guys drinks. Sit."

It was obvious what the boys were up to, Emmanuel and Alejandro sitting on both sides of Tom and Kat to keep an eye on them.

Kris was amused to say the least, "Why'd you guys make them sit there?"

"To make sure no funny business happens under the table," Emmanuel scoffed, instantly making Tom release Kat's hand and go for his drink.

"Stop scaring him," Rebecca laughed, "So how do you like the family, Tom?"

"They're great- everyone's great."

"Which kid is your favorite though?" Emilia asked eagerly, "Javier? Right?"

"Babe," Nadine chuckled, "You can't ask him that."

"But it has to be Javier," Emilia frowned, "He loves you more than any of the kids."

"I don't chose favorites," Tom insisted.

"Untrue. Kat is your favorite Bailon, isn't she?" Clara, who was quiet up until now, asked.

"She's my favorite everything," Tom smiled, making all the girls around the table coo in admiration but the boys weren't impressed.

"Have you had girlfriends before Kat, Tom?" Emmanuel was the first to ask.

"Um... yeah?"

"What'd you expect?" Kat chuckled, "For him to be the innocent little virgin?"

"Yeah. Pretty much."

"Oh please, Manny," Emilia chuckled, shaking her head at her brother, "You are far from it- you shouldn't expect others to be like that either."

"For Kat, yeah, I do expect it."

"You guys are taking baby of the family to a whole other level," Kat chuckled nervously.

"How'd you two meet?" Rebecca asked, trying to change the subject.

"Are you kidding?" Clara laughed, "Even I know and I'm barely on the internet. Ellen Degeneres introduced them."