THIRTEEN

"Omg I met Tom Holland at Disneyland and he introduced Kat as his girlfriend

"Omg I met Tom Holland at Disneyland and he introduced Kat as his girlfriend. What the fuck?"

"Told you so," Tom mumbled, continuing to text Jacob and Harrison, not paying any mind to the tweets Kat was reading out loud.

"You literally said friend! Friend! There was no girl in that word!"

Tom shrugged now locking his phone and sitting up, "Some people say whatever they think will get them the most attention. Who knows, maybe her tweet will be featured in an article about us dating."

"You mean along with the pictures of you with your arm around me and me kissing your cheek that she took? Ugh!"

"Are any of them cute? I need a new lock-screen."

Kat gave Tom a look, now putting her own cell down, "How are you not freaking out about this?"

"Remember how I've been in a 'relationship' with Zendaya this whole time? Yeah, I got practice from that."

"Or dear god," Kat mumbled, wide-eyed, "I completely forgot about Zendaya. People are gonna think you cheated on her with me! Ugh I'm gonna be labeled a homewrecker when I'm not even one!"

"But you know you aren't," Tom frowned, "So why does it matter?"

"I can't help it, okay?" Kat huffed as she threw herself back on the bed, "I care about what people think of me- especially since I'm just starting off in the business and I'd like for people to like me."

"People are going to like you because of how amazing you are," Tom tried to reassure her, "They'll like you for your kindness, amazing acting, beautiful voice..."

Kat sat up slightly to look at Tom as he continued to watch her.

"Your beautiful eyes, smile, laugh..."

'This is it,' Kat thought to herself, her heart beginning to race as Tom inched closer to her face, 'I'm going to kiss my celebrity crush.'

And she was going to- she was so close. Their lips were literally centimeters apart when, of course, Tom's phone went off.

"Bloody hell," Tom groaned as he pulled away, answering the call clearly annoyed, "Hello?"

Clearing her throat, Kat got up from her spot, going into the bathroom to freshen up while Tom spoke on the phone.

"I can't believe I just almost did that," she whispered to herself in the mirror, "I just- you just... wow I'm talking to myself."

"Kat? Darling?"

Taking a deep breath, Kat faked her best smile as she opened the door, "Yes?"