FIFTY FOUR

Katherine was beyond excited

Today was the day the cast could be leaving to New York- all but one.

Kat still didn't know it but Tom had something big planned for both of them and Katherine couldn't wait to hear all about it after.

Meanwhile, an oblivious Kat spoke to the Chrises about New York, not knowing she would be missing that flight with them.

Tom arrived moments later, surprising everyone who did not expect him to be there.

"Kid. What are you doing here?" Robert was the first to approach him.

Kat was confused to say the least, Evans nudging her to get her attention, "Is your boyfriend here to say goodbye to you?"

"We said all our goodbyes last night, Evans," Kat chuckled nervously while Hemsworth grimaced and shook his head.

"You are a child, Katarina. I do not need to hear any of this."

"It's Katalina," she corrected, "And I am of legal age, Christoph."

"Not in my eyes, Katarina," Hemsworth frowned just as Tom came over.

"Hey guys," Tom smiled.

"Do you use that line on purpose?" Evans gave him a suspicious look but Tom shook his head.

"I swear I don't."

Hemsworth chuckled, "Well whatever you wish to speak to the other child about, make it fast. We have to leave soon."

"I'm not a child!" Kat called out after him but they had already left to the other side of the room.

They only brushed her off, the others now there per Katherine's request but all trying to watch and even listen discretely to know what was going on.

"What's up, Tom?" Kat smiled softly at him, "Was last night not enough for you? Cause we can probably get a quickie in before-"

"That's not it," Tom chuckled nervously, the reality of what he was about to ask her hitting him.

He couldn't help but feel like he was now in Noah's position- where she established this strictly sexual relationship and wanting nothing more to do with him- not a relationship, not anything.

But he didn't want it to be like that between them.

He wanted things to work out, so he knew he had to do what he wanted to do.

It was now or never.

While the nerves were practically eating him alive, Kat looked at him with a concerned look on her face, "Tom. What's going on? You're scaring me."

"Oh! Um- no nothing like that I just- sorry, I'm nervous."

"Why?" she chuckled.

Tom shook his head, taking a deep breath. This wasn't even the biggest part and he was nervous. If he was like this now, he didn't even want to think of how he'll be when it comes to actually asking her to be his girlfriend.

"With your permission, I'd like to ask if it's possible that we can stay in Europe for a little longer- meet everyone in New York in a couple of days."

"Um... and what exactly are we going to do in Europe for these extra days?"

"That's for me to know and for you to eventually figure out," Tom smiled, "So, what do you say?"

"I say..." Kat began slowly, letting the pause linger a little longer even though she already knew exactly what she was going to say.

Any chance to be in her little bubble with Tom again, she'd take.

She was not ready to end things just yet.

"Fine. I'll stay."

"Great!" Tom chuckled, feeling a smile grow on his face, "I'll go let them know now."

He quickly walked off, leaving Kat standing there with a small smile on her face, wondering just what Tom was up to.

Katherine came over then, "So, what'd you say?"

"Wait," Kat snapped out of her little trance to frown at Katherine, "You knew?"

"Duh," Katherine rolled her eyes, "Hopefully they say it's okay for you to stay longer. I told him to ask ahead of time but Tom insisted on not doing anything without your permission first."

"Of course he did," Kat smiled brightly, "He is a gentleman, Katherine."

"A gentleman you could possibly see yourself in a long term relationship with?"

"What?" Kat frowned now, "Did he- did he say he was going to- is that what this is about?"

"No!" Katherine scoffed nervously, hating that she just nearly ruined the entire thing, "I just- I was wondering. I wasn't around the first time around but this time... I don't know the way he looks at you, it just- it looks like he's serious about this."

Kat slowly nodded, although she didn't feel too sure about whether Katherine was telling the truth or not. She decided in the end to just let her have it though.

"Well, I wouldn't be too sure of that. I thought the same thing the first time around but- obviously, I was wrong."

"Well I think you're wrong again," Katherine smiled, "He really likes you, Kat. It's like in Rapunzel- when she isn't looking Eugene looks at her with this like gleam in his eyes and that's how it is with you and Tom."

"So you're calling me Rapunzel now?" Kat chuckled.

"Hey that's not necessarily a bad thing. She has long magical hair."

"She was also trapped in a tower by a kidnapper."

"Oh whatever," Katherine chuckled, "Point is, he likes you and I think you like him back just as much. That's why you said yes."

"That and more sex," Kat joked, even though she knew that was so not what she was thinking about at all when she agreed.

She needed a few more days with Tom- just him, like the old times.

So, she said her goodbyes to the others, leaving with Tom instead of them like she originally planned.

She didn't know what to really expect but she knew if it were with Tom, she'd enjoy it nonetheless.

When they got in his car, Kat decided to question him at least a little, "So we're headed back to your place or...?"

"No, actually. We're going straight to the surprise."

"Fun," Kat smiled, only to frown a bit in realization, "Wait. I am kinda mad though."

Tom frowned at that, looking over at her quickly before returning his gaze to the road, "What? Why?"

"Cause you let me pack my bags knowing we were going to stay longer."

Tom chuckled now as he stopped at a red light, "Well, I couldn't exactly let you know about the surprise ahead of time. Besides..."

"Besides, what?" Kat asked slowly, making Tom smile.

"We're not staying here. We're going away for the surprise."

I've got a two things to say.
ONE: the girl who met Timotheé Chalamet on a plane is literal goals- straight out of a fanfiction
TWO: anyone else watch criminal minds and is just LIVID about that season finale???