Goodbyes

Izuku frowned, hugging his dad tightly as the man embraced him back.

"I'm so sorry I had to leave so soon, I promise I'll be back by Christmas, alright?" Hisashi gently smiles at him, Izuku feels frustrated over the fact that his eyes are started to become wet and blurry, he can't believe he got so attached in just 2 weeks.

"N-Now don't cry, if you cry I'll end up crying too!" His dad smiles at him, he hugs him tighter, Izuku can feel warm tears down his shirt, his dad was already spilling tears.

"I promise, I'll return okay? Izuku please stop crying-" His voice cracks a bit in the end "I'll call a lot from now on okay? I'll always keep in touch with you okay?" Izuku nods, Hisashi hesitantly pulls away, Izuku tries his best not to pull him into another hug, he already misses his father's warmth.

Izuku watches as his dad leaves, holding unto Inko's hand tightly. His mom rubs gentle circles on it with her thumb.

"Lets go back home now, okay Izuku?" Izuku nods, he keeps quiet throughout the entire ride home, holding unto a bracelet his dad gave him beforehand.

He boasted about how strong it is, how even the strongest bullets can't hit it and now the strongest of quirks can't disintegrate it, he doesn't tell Izuku how it's made but him and Izuku had a lot of fun experimenting with it, roasting it over the grill, with his father's flame, spitting poison on it, the band doesn't even have as much as a scratch as they were done- thinking about all the things they did together made Izuku tear up more so he stops fiddling with the band.

_________________________

Izuku tried his best to avoid Bakugou the day after, not that he has a grudge against the blond but-

"Oi Deku" Izuku jolted, pulling his wrist away from the blonds hold.

The warmth reminded him too much of him.

"O-Oh um sorry, do you need anything Kacchan?" He asks, a bit nervous. Katsuki squints suspiciously.

"You've been jittery since morning, the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Oh um, nothing, just thinking" he says averting his gaze from piercing ruby red ones.

"Deku" He says with a growl, even if he doesn't say the words Izuku knows he's demanding to explain himself.

Izuku chooses to ignore him, he goes back to his seat in class as the teacher walks in, he can practically feel Katsuki's gaze at him throughout the lesson. He tried to escape during lunch but the blond grabbed him by the- Jesus Christ his fucking tail, he yelped as Katsuki slammed him into the walls of their empty classroom.

"Kacchan... let my tail go already..." Katsuki wasn't sensually touching it- rather he's gripping it like it's his wrist, it doesn't hurt but the pressure from his hold makes him feel really uncomfortable. It felt like he was going down a rollercoaster except there was no rollercoaster and his gut feels so uneasy.

"Tell me what's wrong you fucking nerd" Izuku shakes his head

"I-I told you n-no- a-ah?!" Izuku yelped as Katsuki pumped his tail, even if it was just a fast touch it still made his legs feel like jelly.

"Look at me in the fucking eye-"

"K-Kacchan you'd be frozen-"

"Then why haven't you done at all huh you piece of shit? Don't tell me you actually like this" Izuku shakes his head, he hates this, he just wants to get out of here.

"Kacchan please... I don't want to talk about it..."

Izuku thought Katsuki would ask about it again but the blonde surprisingly backed off.

"Atleast don't let it fucking show then, don't make your classmates worry too much you fucking nerd, they panic around like headless chickens when they know you're sick or unwell, you know this" Izuku nods

"Sorry"

"..." Katsuki gently pet his head, his warm hands running themselves through his hair"

"K-Kah-Kacchan...!" Katsuki froze as tears start to run down Izuku's face.

"H-Hey I thought you liked this shit! Why the fuck are you-?!"

"K-Kacchan...!" Izuku hugged the blond who immediately tensed.

"Deku?" Izuku didn't respond, he only hugged him tighter. Katsuki sighs.

"Ugh you're making my uniform wet" Katsuki grunts, hugging Izuku back.

"Let it out you fucking nerd, god knows you fucking need it" he only whimpered and hugged Katsuki tighter.

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes, even if Katsuki tried his best to sound irritated it was clear that he was kinda concerned for his friend. But only a tiny bit, definitely.

Izuku finally pulled away, Katsuki would look at his face but he'd rather not take the risk of getting petrified, he pulled Izuku's bangs away and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Y-You keep doing stuff like that and I'll cry again..." Izuku huffs.

"You made me miss lunch, you owe me food"

"I'll make you food, don't be mad?" Katsuki looked satisfied and nodded.

"I'll ask my mom to help me make really spicy curry, you really like that right? You always eat a lot from mine when she makes it my lunch, I always give it to you because I can't eat anything spicy"

"You better not mess it up"

"I make no promises Kacchan"

___________________________

"You're a little gloomy today, I take that your father already returned?" Izuku nods, biting his lip.

"S-Sorry... I-I tried my best to try and forget about it but-"

"It's fine, you needed a break anyways, you might also want to take a look at this." Aizawa says holding up a phone won't the headlines as :

Oriental Dragon, China's number 1 returns back home after a well deserved two week vacation!

It also shows a picture of a grinning Hisashi with his hair pulled back into a bun, luggage in his other hand and a peace sign on the other. There were ornaments on his horns and rings were on his fingers but that's definitely his dad.

W-Wow.. really? I didn't know that dad was the number one there! .... no wonder he has so much work"  Izuku frowns.

"Also the fact that no one knows you're his son" Izuku blinks.

"No one knows I'm his son?"

"Or that he has a wife, don't take to wrongly kid, it'll probably be bad news if someone found out a number one hero has a son and a wife, with villains on the rise everywhere, he probably had a good reason to stay away." Izuku frowns.

"I... I'm not sure how to feel about that..."

"It's fine, not many people would know how to react after finding out that their father's are keeping them secret"

"H-He's a good dad though so... even if he's not here I don't really mind"

"He already grew on you?" Izuku nods

"And here I have to spend 3 months just to make you comfortable with me..."

"Huh? Did you say something Sensei?"

"It's nothing, lets go get you squid again, my treat"