Hero Internships

"You're a slow but big eater"

"This is a buffet Shoto, you have to make the best of it" Izuku says, he takes a huge cut of beef, he opens his mouth wide and puts it in his mouth, slowly chewing.

"Ah... beef is so good"

"Izuku that was raw"

"The guy told me I can eat it raw, it's cured or something"

"I'm sure he meant half-raw"

"I did cook it"

"You placed it in the grill for 30 seconds and ate it, you didn't even flip it"

"It's half raw, half and half, like your hair, half raw, half cooked, I turned the heat up to the highest"

"Izuku you just burnt the top layer off, 90% of that meat was raw, that was not 'half'"

"Stop being a party pooper, you're worse than Kacchan"

"I'm glad I'm better than him in something- Izuku that's chicken, you literally can't eat that raw"

"Who told you?"

"Common sense told me, cook it"

"No way! I can't eat the bones once it's cooked, it'll turn hard, can't I just do half and half with it?"

"No, you'll get salmonella- you know what give it to me, I'll cook it for you, your dad will yap if you get sick"

"Ah, thanks cousin- Wait is that ice cream?"

"Feel free to get some, I'll cook the meat for you"

Izuku wanders off, Shoto cuts the chicken into pieces and started to fry it, Izuku comes back with two strawberry popsicles still in wrapper.

"You can have the other one"

"How considerate of you" Shoto turns the heat down low, the takes one popsicle from Izuku, he rips it open and starts to chew through the semi-hard ice cream stick, Izuku does the same.

"You know, my sister is always asking why I chew my ice cream" Izuku snorts.

"How do you feel the cold and the flavor with licks? You have to bite it"

"Glad to know we share something in common"

"Glad to know that too"

"..."

"Do you usually eat that many infront of your parents?"

"No, my mom would say that dad is influencing me"

________________________________________

"Iida-kun are you okay? You've been avoiding us ever since the sports fest" Izuku says, loud and clear, Iida stills.

It was 10 minutes before homeroom when Izuku said that out loud.

Ochaco mouths something to him in panic, he wasn't sure what it means, 'don't! His brother is-!'

"I apologize but... I don't need your pity" Izuku blinked.

"Pity for what? Did something happen?" Izuku questioned, a bit confused, "either way, it's unhealthy to isolate yourself, let's go eat lunch together today, okay? Is that fine with you?"

"... it is, yes please, I would want that"

Izuku stood on a chair, Iida was about to reprimand him but stilled when he felt hands on his hair.

"Here, pets make me happy when I'm sad, I don't know what happened but I hope this makes you feel better"

"Midoriya... I.. appreciate your efforts, but I'll be fine"