Dinner

Izuku comes out for dinner. He's kinda hungry. Also whether he wanted it or not, he missed his mom, she was the closest thing to him and has been ever since his birth, it hurt him to ignore her like this, still it hurt more to hear those words out of her mouth. He'll just eat, then he'll leave, that's it.

"Izuku! You're joining us?" His father asks, Izuku nods.

"I'm hungry." He says. "I also forgot a fork going in my room so I couldn't eat cake."

"Ah... I see, come on then."

When Izuku gets here,  everything is already arranged, there's already a side dish to every plate, the delectable smell of meat wafted through the air.

Ah meat...

He looked at the table, there was some kind of bird in the middle, Izuku wasn't sure what it is but it smelled really nice, his tongue flickers out for a moment, it picked up a lot of other strong scents that somehow blends in with each other.

On their plates were rice topped with a lot of chicken, he thinks, it smells sweet and spicy and there were sesame seeds on top of it and on the side were ribs, they smelled s bit spicy too, there was a thin plate to the side, a dip of soy sauce in the middle and arranged on it were some sort of dumplings which smells like pork.

Izuku wasn't sure what the thing in the wanton wrappers are on the side dish plate, it's wrapped like a burrito and it smells like the bird in the middle which did have some parts of it chopped off.

"Izuku, you came." His mother says, a bit too happily.

"I'm hungry." Is all he replies, sitting down the table.

They eat relatively in silence, Izuku doesn't notice, since he's too busy eating his food but his father had slowed down his eating to observe how he was and his mother hasn't touched her food at all.

"How was school, Izuku?"

"Shoto is acting weird but he's helping a lot as well so I don't mind." He says, "they turned me into a cat mascot even though I'm a snake, I don't know what goes through their heads sometimes." He mutters.

"A cat?" Izuku nods.

"I don't know why they think I'm a cat, I'm not, I have scales." Izuku said, tapping the ones in the side of his face. "I think they're making fun of me."

"Y-You think so?" Hisashi suddenly felt a rush of over protectiveness, Inko looks at him in disapproval but doesn't say anything.

"Well I don't mind... they're all being very nice if they're making fun of me, they buy me tuna, the brand that I like."

"You have a brand of tuna that you like?" Izuku nods.

"It's dry. Not many tuna comes in cans while they're dry. I like it because it doesn't get messy, they're like jam packed into this block of tuna that I just crunch on when I feel hungry."

"...I think those are called bonito flakes my dear, while it's mostly used as a condiment or seasoning, it's a very common cat treat." Inko finally says, Izuku blinks.

"Oh..."

"..."

"This doesn't mean that I'm a cat okay? I just like the taste!" He hastily defends himself.

"It's fine, we don't think you're a cat." Inko says, smiling at him, "You're Izuku, our son. A snake, and not a cat."

"Oh thank god finally someone believes me." He sighs in relief. Eating the last bits of his food.

He stands up, thanks them for the meal before locking himself up in his room. Inko sighs in relief.

"Atleast he can still talk with me."

____________________________

Izuku against all better judgement, calls Shoto. It rings three times before Shoto answers.

"Hello, Endeavors sperm bank, you frisk it, we freeze it, how can I serve you tonight."

"Shoto what the hell." He giggles.

"Oh... Izuku, hello, it's pleasant to hear your voice from up so close, I usually hear your voice from down the g-"

"Stop making fun of my height." He pouts.

"...Sure." He says, "Why are you calling me? My phone is on speakers right now, everyone can hear what you're saying, dad doesn't allow private conversations in the agency, we're having a meeting."

"Oh... I just have a question, did you know that the things you guys were feeding me were like, used as cat treats?"

"... Yes, and also, the brown things Katsuki has been leaving on your desk in small containers are chicken breast freeze-dried treats."

"...Kacchan's the one putting that on there?"

"They're very healthy and you seemed to like them a lot, don't worry they won't affect your health or anything, we researched about-"

"Who researched?!"

"The whole class, we have a GC- Oh, you haven't been added in yet for some reason.... never mind I looked at the chat I think it's safer if you're not added in."

"Oh... well I guess it's fine, just tell me if there's some kind of announcement there then, okay?"

"Sure, eitherway, I'm gonna drop the call now, any last words?"

"... Stop treating me like a cat or I'll bite you-"

"Shoto? Is that Izuku-"

"Oh no, dad came back from potty break, bye."

"Bye."

Izuku closed his phone. Well he was planning to tell Shoto all about what happened but you know, that was fine too, maybe Kacchan? No Kacchan hasn't talked to him yet, he was the one that left him hanging way back at the start of internships.

His resolved started to break when Katsuki suddenly sent him a text, almost jolting him out of bed, for some reason Izuku thought it was too secret to answer in his bed so he migrated to the bathroom, crouching at the end of his bathtub, he checked the message.

Kacchan♥️ : there's a new ramen shop near school
Kacchan♥️ : wanna check it

Izuku was about to respond but-

Kacchan♥️ : nvm ignore that I said that

He frowns. How rude.

Kacchan♥️ : but if you want
Kacchan♥️ : we can go
Kacchan♥️ : why the fuck am I asking for permission
Kacchan♥️ : just go there if you want or not
Kacchan♥️ : I don't care I'm just telling you about the place
Kacchan♥️ : don't take this weirdly

Izuku squints. After another three minutes Katsuki texts him again,

Kacchan♥️ : don't just put me on read
Kacchan♥️ : respond
Kacchan♥️ : ?

🍜\('')/🍜

Kacchan♥️ : nerd

🕑📅???

Kacchan♥️ : after class, fri
Kacchan♥️ : don't complain about the date. I'm paying

Date?????????

Katsuki doesn't respond. Izuku decides to just sleep.