SEVEN

"What do you think Tom?"

"Tom?"

"Tom!"

Tom looked up from his cell phone startled.

He didn't even notice that the others were trying to talk to him, so naturally, he missed everything they were saying.

"What was that?"

"Of course you weren't listening," Harrison chuckled, "Still texting Kat, I assume?"

"She uh... she just sent me a picture of her and her dog after his haircut. Don't they look cute?"

"I think you could care less about the dog and more about her," Harrison gave him a look.

"That's not true! He's cute!"

Harrison peered closer to the phone, only to smirk when he saw Tom's response, "Then why did you respond 'you look as gorgeous as ever'?"

Clearing his throat, Tom was quick to type another response before Kat could get a chance to write back.

Luckily for him, she was too engrossed in Supernatural to even notice he very spaced texts.

"Anyways, what we were talking about while you were texting your girlfriend," Jacob began, catching Tom's attention again.

"Graham's going to ask you if you're single or not and well, it's up to you how to want to answer it," his publicist advised.

"And I said what do you mean how he answers it? Tom's single," Harrison added.

"I'm just saying. As the only girl in here, I know if the guy I was talking to claimed he was single and wasn't talking to me at all- I'd be pretty annoyed."

Tom felt all sorts of worried.

Harrison was right, he was definitely single. All he was doing was talking to Kat but if he denied her altogether, would she really be upset?

Harrison could see the gears turning in Tom's head so he knew he had to step in fast.

"Mate. Stop overthinking this. The fact is simple: you. are. single. I'm sure she'd agree if she were here right now."

"Bro, if she was here... we wouldn't even be here right now."

Jacob couldn't help but laugh at Tom's bluntness while his publicist chuckled.

"Well, Tom, the choice is up to you. We're in agreement at the firm that you confirming your friendship will not affect the fan count whatsoever."

"Not even the Tomdaya fans?" Jacob asked, now genuinely confused.

"Surprisingly, no. Fans would much rather see you with a girl who was once 'one of them' and who isn't as seemingly perfect as Zendaya is."