TWENTY FOUR

"Are these flowers always going to be a thing?" Kat chuckled, sniffing the single rose Tom just bought her from a street vendor

"You always said you wanted someone to buy you flowers, didn't you?" Tom chuckled, putting an arm around her.

"I did," Kat smiled to herself, "It feels nice not buying them for myself or having to wait for my birthday to get any flowers."

"Oh I don't need an excuse like that," Tom chuckled, "Whenever I see you, I am going to get you flowers."

"Oh please," she scoffed, brushing him off, "You won't do that."

"I most definitely will," he gave her a look now, "You just wait and see."

"Yeah, okay, Mr. Romantic," she smiled, "Cmon, we're here."

"Is this the place you told me about when I first got here?"

"The place I always went to growing up with my family? Yes, yes it is."

The second she stepped in she was greeted by the waiters who quickly led her to her table.

"¿Y quién es este chico guapo? (and who is this handsome boy)" the waitress asked, wiggling her eyebrows playfully.

"Este es Tom. Tom, this is Diana, one of my favorite waitresses here- don't tell Santiago."

The older woman giggled as she shook her head, "Not to worry, I won't. And Tom, it's so nice to meet you."

"You as well ma'am," Tom smiled politely.

She smiled right back before looking at Kat, "Él es tu novio? (Is he your boyfriend?)"

"I'll have a Sprite," Kat said instead, ignoring her question.

Tom looked at them skeptically, ordering his own drink, making her chuckle as she walked away.

"Isn't novio boyfriend?"

"How is it that and all the bad words are the only spanish words you know?"

"That is not true!" Tom gasped, "I know hola and adios!"

"Wow, you're a genius," Kat giggled, Tom only shaking his head with a smile.

After Tom horribly tried to order his food in Spanish, Kat laughing at him and recording him, him getting to know the owner and waiters, and the two just having an amazing time as always, they left the restaurant, ready to continue the date.

This may have been a simple date to Tom but to Kat who planned this whole thing, it meant a lot to her.

She walked around where she used to always go growing up- everything she was showing him and they were doing together was exactly what she did when she was younger so to bring Tom here and walk with him, it was an incredible feeling.