THIRTY FIVE

Kat didn't know why she agreed to this

She was supposed to keep her distance from Tom but when he called her on her last day asking her to meet his family, she knew she couldn't exactly say no.

"They really want to meet you," he pleaded with her which was basically the selling point for her.

Now she found herself standing in front of the Holland household, flowers and a bottle of wine in hand as she waited for the door to open.

Tom insisted on driving her there but she knew that wouldn't be a good idea so she enlisted in Carter's help.

Carter didn't mind but Tom wasn't especially happy, hating how drastically things changed between them.

He was hoping to tell her on the drive there that he stopped going out and sleeping around because he knew once she got there, his family would be all over her.

So he missed that chance but seeing how awkward she was when he first opened the door for her, he knew there wouldn't be anything he could say to get her to change her mind.

Instead he faked his best smile for his family as he guided her to them waiting in the living room.

Instantly, her and his mother clicked.

He could tell she really liked her, especially when Kat offered to help her out in the kitchen.

Granted, Nikki declined but Kat still decided to stay in the kitchen to keep her company.

By the time dinner came around, his entire family was focused on Kat.

"What brings you to this side of the pond anyway?"

"I'm actually here promoting my newest movie."

"A movie?" Paddy perked up, "Like with a premiere?"

"Paddy's been obsessed with movie premieres ever since the Spider-man one."

"They're just so cool!" Paddy gushed, "Can I go to yours? Pretty please?"

Tom was ready to let his brother down easily. Surely, if Kat didn't want him around, the same would go for his brother, right?

But Kat smiled kindly at him, "I'm not sure if this movie is something you should watch."

"Is it a scary movie?" he asked, getting even more excited when Kat nodded, "But I love scary movies!"

"Paddy," his mother frowned in disapproval.

Kat chuckled though, "I used to be the exact same way, honestly. I was a huge scary movie buff growing up."

"So I should be able to go, right?"

Kat looked towards Nikki and Dom who only smiled, shaking their heads.