THIRTY SEVEN

Alex was beyond proud of Kat for remaining so strong and not contacting Tom like she knew she really wanted to

She was doing well since she last saw him but Alex knew that would all be thrown out the window today.

The premiere for her movie had finally come around and Alex was sure that with Tom and his family coming, all the progress would be thrown down the drain so she was not happy at all.

Kat tried to reassure her everything would be okay though.

Sure, if she saw him in a suit like the one he wore to that Audi Polo event, she'd go weak in the knees but she'd have enough willpower to hold herself together- especially with his family there.

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't nervous- she was beyond nervous, not only for the debut of her movie but what it would be like with his family there.

It was bad enough she was worrying about what random people would think of her movie, but to have the Hollands included in that bunch, it was just too much for her.

Luckily, the interviews and red carpet helped her feel a little better but the second she saw them all smiling and waving her over, the same panic washed over her.

Neither of them seemed to notice though and instead welcomed her as if she were family.

"I can't wait for the movie, Kat!" Paddy said excitedly, making Kat giggle.

"Thank you. I was actually going to ask if you guys wanted to sit with me in the front."

"Yes!"

"No thank you," Nikki smiled politely, "As lovely as it would be to sit with you, I have to sit in the back for scary movies."

Dom nodded, "And I have to stay with the missus."

"Oh please dad," Sam scoffed, "You want to sit in the back more than mum does."

Dom only waved his children off, taking his wife's hand and walking into the theater.

Kat now walked with the boys towards the theater as well, Paddy excitedly talking about the movie.

"Are you sure you won't get nightmares if it's too scary?"

"No!" Paddy insisted, "I swear, I'll be fine!"

"He'll especially be fine if you hold his hand throughout the movie," Harry smirked.

"Harry!" Paddy gasped, obviously embarrassed.

Kat chuckled though, "I'll be glad to hold your hand, Paddy."

While Paddy smiled brightly, Sam chuckled, "Uh oh. Tom's not going to be happy you're stealing his girl, Pads."

"It's his own fault for not coming in the first place," he defended.

"Wh-why didn't he come, actually?"