The Spectre

Chapter 15: The Spectre

A/N: Gotta love Alan Walker

Daniel looked up on his phone about vampires, though Half-Light books corrupted some facts about them. He made sure that he looked it up in the hallway in order not to disturb his friends and their sleep.

'Known commonly from the Half-Light series as romantic and mysterious, vampires are nothing more that manipulative night creatures who fool their prey into submission in order to suck their victims dry. There are many legends surrounding them throughout history, but this article is here to focus mainly on the common characteristics of vampires,' Daniel read this as he frowned at the 'manipulative' part, as far as he knew Jay wasn't forcing him to submit in any way.

He didn't even tell Daniel what to do on a daily basis, though the clothing selections on the papers he gave him were actually good combinations of outfits at least it didn't say that he had to wear them, merely suggested what's best.

Daniel continued reading, 'Vampires are known for their repulsion of garlic and any religious elements, they cast no shadow or reflection, they can shapeshift into a bat or wolf, they're nocturnal, abnormal strength, immortal, sensitive to sunlight, etc. etc.... Jay doesn't seem like he's affected by any of these things, sure he was strong when he held back Zack's fist but that was only one instance unless Jay lifts a whole truck full of cement bricks then he's abnormally strong.' Daniel thought as he looked through many other sites that contained just about the same signs as the first, disregarding the other Half-Light references,

'Jay isn't weak to sunlight, I've seen him wear a cross necklace at least once, he has a reflection and he showed up in the pictures I've taken with him, I haven't witnessed him shapeshift, he doesn't seem nocturnal because he's asleep right now, and I don't want to test to see if he's immortal.' Daniel thought as he looked over his only clues that Jay was a vampire in his mind.

'He has fangs that come out only when he smells blood, he drinks blood, he bleeds black, and that's all I have.' Daniel thought as he failed to notice the figure plop down next to him in the hall until he felt the breeze when someone walks near that you sense.

Jumping back a bit, Daniel looked to see Jay sitting next to him.

"Jay?!" Daniel whisper/shouted as Jay held a finger to his lips to be quiet.

"..."

"Oh, I woke you up.... Oh sorry I disturbed your rest...." Daniel apologized as Jay waved his hand, saying that it was okay.

It was quiet as Daniel and Jay sat in awkward silence as Daniel glanced at Jay who was fiddling with his rings. He sucked in a breath as he decided to confront Jay on what he had found out.

"Jay.... you might think this is crazy but after what I've seen..... You're a vampire aren't you?" Daniel said as Jay looked at him from beneath his bangs.

Jay didn't react at all as Daniel stared uneasy at him.

'Jay isn't denying or confirming it so should I say it again? I sound like Crystal with how declarative I sound.' Daniel thought as he opened his mouth to speak again.

What surprised Daniel was when Jay looked at him and smiled, baring his fangs.

Daniel held a breath as Jay waited for him to repel him or worse try to kill him.

After all that's what humans do when they see something abnormal.

"Those aren't fake right?" Daniel asked just to make sure as Jay nodded.

"..."

"No.... why would I try to kill you? You're my friend and you haven't done anything wrong." Daniel spoke as he placed his chubby hand on Jay's shoulder.