Eyes on me

A/N: I'm going to drink chocolate whiskey now....

I did get the dance part from FF8, I'll show myself out now.

Drown away my sorrows. 

Chapter 29: Eyes on me

Daniel stood in awe of the ballroom that he swore he never would see again.

'It's even more lively at night,' Daniel thought, he was dressed in the suit he had gotten with DG, with a mask that Juliet had slipped into the bag that completed the outfit.

It was a plain black mask to Daniel's relief, he didn't want it to be flashy and stand out.

The driver had picked Daniel up and delivered Daniel to the address for the HNH party.

Everyone wore a mask, they were dressed wonderfully and expensively as well.

'I feel so out of place here.' Daniel thought, the pearls one woman wore would cost him an arm, a leg, and both his kidneys.

'I wonder where DG and Crystal are...' Daniel thought, he began to walk through the crowd of stuffy businessmen and snooty women.

Some looked at Daniel, he heard them scoff at his outfit but he ignored them.

'I wonder if I can escape after I find them....' Daniel thought.

A couple people asked Daniel to dance, though Daniel politely declined.

He nervously dodged a waiter who was giving out wine to people, before he settled on staying near the wall that had a perfect view of people.

'I can't tell who's who with their masks on....' Daniel thought, he sighed, 'Maybe I should've said no and stayed home.'

He heard a person clear their throat, Daniel looked up to see Crystal in a red dress that went to her ankles, a silt on the right side that was up to her knee showing her legs with black heels.

She wasn't wearing a mask to his relief.

"Crystal! Hey." Daniel said, he was relieved to have someone familiar near, 'It's good to see her.'

"Hey Daniel." Crystal said, he noticed Eli with her. He was recognizable by his hair.

"Hey Eli." Daniel waved, Eli waved back.

"I never expected to see you here, Daniel. I thought fancy parties weren't your thing." Eli said, he wore a dark purple tux to compliment his hair with a mask that was now pushed up into his hair, messing it up slightly.

"Yeah, well DG asked me to come...." Daniel said, he scratched the back of his head shly.

Crystal was silent as she watched Eli and Daniel talk, she had sorta lied to Eli in her chubby body to go with her to this party saying that she worried that someone was going to harass her.

Luckily Eli said okay, leaving Lenna in care of a trusted friend for the night so he could go with Crystal's 'sister' to the party.

"Woah, a star like him asked you personally? So the rumors are true." Eli said, Daniel was confused.

"Rumors?" Daniel asked, Crystal quickly cut in to stop this conversation.

"Hey Daniel have you tried the crab puffs? Come, let's try some!" Crystal pulled Daniel to the table where food was being served.

"But Crystal what ru-mph!" Daniel was stopped as Crystal shoved a crab puff into Daniel's mouth, stopping him short.

"Good right? Have more!" Crystal said, he hurriedly shoved other appetizers like calamari and small some vegetables into Daniel's mouth as soon as he had swallowed.