The Middle

A/N: I'm going to go drink some pina colada and wait until the after effects of  writing this chapter sinks in.

Chapter 26: The Middle

Jay looked at Daniel who was nervously looking at the floor.

"..."

"Yeah, he's coming with us.... I knew if I said DG was coming you wouldn't come." Daniel said barely above a whisper.

DG watched the two as Jay looked at him then Daniel.

Daniel was waiting for a reaction from Jay, particularly a negative one.

Instead he heard Jay sigh.

Daniel looked to see Jay's face.

"Huh? You want a minute alone with DG? Uh sure..." Daniel walked to the stairs to the gates where you were to insert your ticket allowing the bars were immovable, movable then push and walk to the other side to get the ticket that popped out on the other side.

Jay pulled out his phone and began typing on his notepad app, DG could tell he definitely wasn't expecting him to be here.

He glanced at Daniel who was looking at them from the terminals, girls approaching him trying to flirt.

Jay showed the message to DG that read: 'Are you blackmailing Daniel? I know your intentions toward him.'

DG merely tilted his head to the side as he said, "Blackmail? Like I'd sink to that level, he's the one who asked me."

Jay was shocked that Daniel had done something like this.

DG continued, "I wasn't exactly hiding my intentions either."

Jay tapped angrily on his phone, 'Stay away from him.'

DG merely replied back, "He's not your personal property, if it'll calm you down let's hold a truce but only for today."

Jay was curious asked he typed, 'What type of truce?'

"Simple. We don't sabotage each other on this date with Daniel and allow him to choose for himself who he wants to be with. Let's pretend to be friends." DG explained.

Jay looked at Daniel who was nervously smiling as he tried to back away from the girls.

'Truce.' Jay typed.

'May the best man win.' the two thought as they walked over to Daniel.

-----

Daniel smiled as he walked inbetween the two into Notte world.

"There's a lot of people here today." Daniel said to try and relieve tension.

Jay smiled and nodded while DG shrugged.

"So what ride do you both want to ride first?" Daniel asked, the two merely looked at Daniel.

"..."

"You pick."

Daniel felt slightly nervous but he remembered the spinner ride and suggested to go on that ride.

The line was short and soon they were seated in the ride.

Daniel sat inbetween the two, bending his elbows on the bars behind him to hook himself to the ride.

Jay did the same while DG merely sat there, arms crossed.

"Uh DG I think you should hold onto something...." Daniel warned.

"I'll be fine." DG said.

"And now we're gonna start spinning!" the ride worker announced as they pressed a button.