Eight

I turn around to see a familiar face.

"Jisung?" the boy's eye widen.

"Jeongin?!

Yang Jeongin and I were really close two years ago. We met through social media and became close friends. The two of us would talk for hours on end until school started again. That's when we grew further apart, proving once more that school is the true villain.

Jeongin pulled me into a hug. A goofy little smile appeared on his face, showing off the braces that he's worn since forever. He makes them work at the very least.

"Hey! How've you been, Jisung?"

"Pretty good. You?"

"I am too."

I never told him about Minho. I'd rather not corrupt his little mind.

Then bell rang and we both have a seat next to each other. As class goes by, I start to become distant.

As I daydream once more, I forget that Minho's in the class too. I feel a tap on my shoulder and am faced by him.

"Hey, Jisung."

"Uh, hey."

"If you don't mind me asking, why'd you run away the other day?"

"I was, uh, not feeling well... I guess." I drag out my words. It's not easy coming up with lies on the spot, okay? It wasn't entirely a lie either. I wasn't feeling very well, but not because of the reason he thinks. "I feel much better now." I assure him.

"Good. I'll see you later, Jisungie."

You've gotta be kidding me. I shiver and try not to start screaming. Remember, Jisung, I tell myself, don't let him win.

"Don't call me that."

"Whatever you want." he winks, causing me to shiver, and pulls his backpack over his shoulder. Then, with a wave of his hand, Minho leaves.

As I walk out the door, Jeongin rushes after me.

"Jisung," he says, getting my attention, "What was that about?"

"What was what about?"

"When that guy came up to you earlier. He asked if you were okay or something like that and you lied through your teeth. I can tell."

Damnit, Yang Jeongin. Why do you have to torture me like this?

"It's nothing."

"If it's nothing, then why don't you tell me?"

Not in the mood to fight Jeongin's puppy eyes, I give in and tell him a summary of what's been going on.

"That doesn't seem like 'nothing'." he says, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. What do you think I should do?"

"I'm not sure. I'd suggest just not letting him get to you."

I think over Jeongin's words for a minute. He continues to talk,

"And! If he starts bullying you again, just tell me. I'll be sure to teach 'em!"

Damnit, Yang Jeongin. Why do you have to torture me like this? I can't anymore with this cute little baby.

"I'll remember to tell you if that ever happens."

With that, the bell rings and we go our separate ways. I go in the direction of the cafeteria. Felix is going to freak out when I tell him about Jeongin.

As I enter the cafeteria, I look around for Felix. Once I finally find his orange-y head of hair, I realize that he's sitting with two other unrecognizable faces.

Wait a minute...

Is that-?

════════════════

(A/N: Crappy ending, much?

I hope you all enjoy the story! If you do, don't hesitate to vote. I appreciate it.

See you in the next one.)