Twenty-Six

Still shaken up from the last class, I leave to go to lunch. When I get there I find everyone in the same spots as last time. This, of course, means I'll have to sit next to Minho.

I take my seat between Felix and the aforementioned, and proceed to natter with my group. 

Every once in a while I sense Minho's eyes on me, but I choose to ignore it. What's hard for me to ignore is Seungmin's random and sudden glances in mine and Minho's direction.

He's been acting weirder than usual. It started when I explained to him why I seemed so fatigued this morning. Part of me wants to ask Seungmin why he's being like this, but the other half is too frightened. In case you didn't know already, Seungmin is a scary individual.

I eat my lunch faster than usual, likely because I didn't get any breakfast. Woojin looks at me, visibly troubled.

"Jisung, slow down. You're making me nervous." he says.

"Sorry, mom."

"Do not make fun of me like that, young man." Woojin scolds, unaware of how he sounds. "You know what? Just choke."

Felix, turning and looking directly at nothing, says "Any nasty comments made on the last sentence, delete them. I don't wanna see that shit."

"You good, Fe'?" Changbin asks, placing the back of his hand on Felix's forehead. The younger nods and continues to engulf his "whole-beef" burger.

The group continues to converse until lunch ends. Once it does, we split up and go to class.

Jeongin lopes between Minho and I while Chan walks backwards in front of the three of us and rants about the differences between ice cream and gelato.

After Chan accidentally runs into the wall, we enter the classroom and sit down. Mr. Choi tells the students to get into our groups and start working. I go to Minho's and my usual spot in the classroom. As soon as the two of us are there, the mood suddenly becomes more tense.

"You ready to finish?" Minho says, failing to be enthusiastic.

"Uhh, I guess so." I say.

Silently, we spend the class period finishing the project. Few words are said until the assignment is actually completed.

"Are we done now?" I ask.

"Yeah," Minho says. "we can pretty much do whatever until next period."

"Cool." I say, followed by a small pause. I really want to mention yesterday, but the words refuse to come out. Thankfully, Minho's braver than me and brings it up instead.

"So about what happened." Minho says as he rubs the back of his neck with his hand awkwardly.

"Yeah. What about it?" I'm curious what he has to say about it.

"Uh," Minho glances around the classroom to make sure no one was nearby, "Did you think it was okay?"

For half of a second, I'm stunned. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.

"Yeah. It was cool." I scold myself, Really, Jisung? "Cool"?

Minho takes one more glance at our surroundings. "Did you- uh- did you think I was a good kisser?"

This time, I'm stunned for a good three seconds. How do I answer a question like this?

"I think you're a great kisser." I say, causing both of us to turn pink.

"That's good, because I think that too."

"You think that I'm a good kisser?"

"Oh, I was talking about myself. But you're a close second." Despite his joking talk, when Minho says this, his face gets pinker. I chuckle a bit.

I look back up at the older to see his face grow more serious.

"Did you feel anything when it happened?"

If I could hardly answer his first question, how in the world am I supposed to answer this?

Especially when I, myself, don't know.

"I..." I take a short pause to think. "I'm not sure." Minho and I lock gazes again.

"Then how about we test that right now." Minho says and leans forward. I
freak out and look away, blocking him from my lips.

Still in a panic, I whisper scream, "We're in public! Maybe later, but not right now-"

"Did you just say, 'maybe later'?" Minho asks, shocked at my phrasing.

"That's not what I meant! Just, don't do that." I say right before the bell rings. Pouting angrily, I grab all of my things and shove them into my backpack.

"Hey, Jisung. Hold on-" Minho tries to say, but I'm already out the door and out of earshot. Minho sighs in defeat,

"I just wanted to know if you feel the same way I do."