Thirteen

I exit the social studies classroom and everyone separates to go to their next class. I head to science class while trying to remember if we had any homework that I didn't finish.

"Hey. We seem to be running into each other quite a bit, huh?" I feel a tap on my shoulder causing me to jump a bit. I look over and up at Hyunjin who's now laughing at me, "I didn't know you were so jumpy."

"It's called being cautious."

"Yeah, okay." Hyunjin rolls his eyes. "You going to science too?"

"Yup. I never realized we were in the same class."

"Me neither." The two of us laugh as we enter the classroom. We sit down near the back next to Felix who has an odd expression on his face.

"You two seem to be getting along nicely." Felix says with a hint of annoyance.

"You're still my best friend, 'Lix. Don't worry." I say. "So how was everyone's day?"

"Mine was okay. Not much happened to be honest." Felix shrugs.

"Yeah, same," Hyunjin says, "Minho and I were secretly texting throughout math class, but what's new?" I notice a disturbing blush become apparent on his face.

"Oh? What's this?" Felix says and wiggles an eyebrow, "Does someone have a bit of a crush?"

Hyunjin makes a weird face and right before he was going to say something in reply, the teacher starts the class. Everyone immediately quiets down to whispers.

Felix continues to poke fun at Hyunjin as the older tells him to "pay attention in class." As much as I try to do that, I just can't. Thoughts of Minho and Hyunjin together fill my mind.

They're cute. I'm sure they'd be good for one another, right? I'd support them. I mean- why wouldn't I?

It's a good thing anyways. If Minho were to start dating Hyunjin, then that means I have no reason to like him. Not that I ever did. He's a jerk. He's not a good person.

But then again, he changed...

I think through these thoughts for the remainder of class. Once it ends, Hyunjin is the first to leave, and I'm the second. I speed-walk to the bus and notice Felix behind me.

"Hey, Ji. I forgot to tell you, Changbin is also driving me home. Sorry."

"It's fine." I brush it off.

"You sure? I can always cancel."

"What? You can't cancel on your boyfriend. Just go, don't worry about me."

Felix sends me a thankful expression before leaving. I get on the bus and tiredly sit down. I take a deep breath, trying to clam myself down from today's events, but nothing's really working.

"Hey, Jisung." Minho appears suddenly. "May I sit?"

"Yeah, sure."

He takes a seat next to me, "Rough day, huh? Wanna talk about it?"

"I- uh- no. Not really, thanks." I manage to stutter out. I don't think he'll quite understand my problem. Even if he would, I could never tell him.

"Here." Minho holds out an earbud. I hesitantly take it to hear a beautiful piano being played. "Listening to soft piano music always helps to calm me down."

I close my eyes and listen a little longer and before I know it, I've fallen asleep, leaning on Minho's shoulder.

Maybe today wasn't too bad after all.