Thirty-Six

[Seungmin POV]

When I had visited Minho earlier, I wasn't expecting what I saw. In all honesty, it was the worst timing ever, especially with the message I was going to deliver.

What's done is done, though. I can't change what those two want, but that still leaves the question,

How do I break it to Hyunjin that his message wasn't relayed?

The boy has been debating as to whether or not to tell Minho that he likes him. When Hyunjin made his decision, I, being the amazing person that I am, offered to tell Minho. I knew if Hyunjin tried to tell him, he'd chicken out and complain to me later.

As for Minho, I kind of wanted him to move on from Jisung. I knew their past and it was obvious that Jisung wasn't the most comfortable around him. Never would I have guess that the younger of the two liked him back.

They are cute, I'll admit, but the sad part is that Hyunjin might say the same thing.

God, please send me a sign or something.

I hear a faint sound of buzzing nearby. My phone rumbles on the table and I hesitate to pick it up.

Hyunjinnie 👑
Did you tell him?

God, can I get a different sign?

Shivers run up and down the back of my spine as I wearily reply. Shaky fingers type out,

Me
Actually, I didn't

Hyunjinnie 👑
Wdym? Why?

I think for a second. I don't want to tell him. Instead I do something really, really stupid.

Me
He wasn't home

Hyunjinnie 👑
Damn. I'll take this as fate though

Me
You mean you won't ask him out??

Hyunjinnie 👑
No, I mean that I'll try asking him myself

Panic rises and I realize just how big of a mistake I made. If this doesn't work itself out, I'm dead.

Hyunjinnie 👑
Imma leave though. Gotta go to dance practice.

Hyunjinnie 👑
Bye

Me
yep

It was bad enough that I lied to Hyunjin, but it's even worse that I literally ended our conversation with "yep".

That's besides the point, though.

In all honesty, I'm tempted to see how this works out. It might be fun to sit and watch things burn down again. That's a hobby that I'm actually very passionate about.

On the other hand though, I don't want to see Hyunjin get hurt. He's got a soft heart. There's no way Hwang Hyunjin will take such a thing 'well'.

On the bright side, I'm aware that Hyunjin will definitely wait quite a while before confessing his feelings to Minho. A week or so at minimum. That should give me the time to decide how to deal with this.

Until then, my tired self needs to actually get some sleep. I'm starting to feel like Chan.

I hop onto my bed and lay there for a short while, trying to fall asleep. There's nothing like a midday nap.

Even so, as I do I get this weird feeling in my stomach. I try to ignore the feeling, but it won't go away. I'd like to classify this emotion as temporary, but my body is classifying it as fear.

And just like that, away goes my midday nap.