Eighteen

Throughout science class, Felix asks random questions to Hyunjin. I would assume it's to find out if him and Minho are dating, but Fifty percent of the questions are all just plain stupid. Then again, what else could you expect from Felix?

Once the clock ticks to the end of the day, everyone dismisses. I get on the bus, take a quick glance around and find Minho sitting in the back where we originally sat together. He sees me too and waves me over with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey, Jisungie," Minho says as I sit down.

"Quit calling me that." I glare at him.

Minho ignores me, "I can't wait to get to your place. Why am I going there again? I forget."

I have to think for a second, "It was for social studies. The country project, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I guess it just slipped my mind." Minho shrugs and reaches down into his bag to retrieve his phone and earbuds. I take one of the earbuds and he takes the other.

"I'll let you choose the song." Minho says, holding up his phone. I look through his playlist, eventually deciding on Love Maze by BTS.

We listen to his playlist on shuffle until the bus reaches my stop. I get up and almost say goodbye out of habit before Minho stands up with me.

The two of us exit the bus together and I lead Minho to my house. Once we get closer, I notice the lights are on again meaning my mom is home.

When I was transitioning from middle school to highschool and had recently switched homes, my mom tried to not press too hard on subjects like my birth mom, school district, and lastly, my bullies. She was aware that I got bullied at school and comforted me when I had breakdowns and cried, but I never gave her any names or described any faces.

What I'm saying is that she has no idea who Minho is or what he looks like, and I don't see the need to tell her.

I opened the door and let Minho in yelling, "Mom, I'm home" across the house. When she comes upstairs, she immediately notices Minho.

"You didn't tell me you were going to invite someone over." she says. Mom turns to Minho with a smile, to which he returns, and she says, "Who's this?"

"Hello, Ms. Han, my name's Lee Minho. It's a pleasure to meet you." he says and bows.

"You're just precious." mom looks to me with a face only moms can make. That "care-to-explain?" face; I'm sure you know it.

"We have a project to work on in history class. We were hoping to work on it a little more today so I invited him over. Is that okay?"

She thinks it over for a second then nods her head, "It's fine. But," she continues, "I was about to head to the store for a few things. Jisung, Minho is your guest. Treat him with respect."

"Okay, mom. Bye." I say.

"Goodbye, Jisung. Goodbye, Minho."

And with that, she got in her car and drove off, leaving me alone with Minho.

This is not going to end well.