Final Thoughts

I'm going to be honest with all of you. When I first started this book, I had no idea where I was going with it. I only had a beginning, but the end was not thought out until a lot later.

One day, my friend said to me during a school project that every story should have a premise and a final result that the plot line works to reach as it progresses.

While writing Hope for the Worst, the memory flashed through my mind as if saying that I needed to get my priorities straight. Whether that was the actual purpose or not is beyond me, but the statement was correct either way.

I thought about what to do with my story, (note that this happened somewhere around chapter 20,) and came up with the theme of acception. Now, I know that you might be thinking that self-acception wasn't exactly the moral talked about in the ending, and you'd be correct.

For the rest of the book, I tried to think of how to reach such a simple moral, but nothing really fitting to the story was coming to mind.

The idea then popped up somewhere between chapters 30 and 40. More of a last-minute addition if anything, the theme of self-awareness and being true to yourself came to my brain. The only thing I could think of was "this is perfect," since it also worked well with the title.

What I'm trying to say is that I was just as blind as you guys were when I was writing. When it finally hit me how to connect everything to the ending, I was exhilarated.

You know that sense of pride and accomplishment when you finally get something done? Be it a piece of artwork, a Netflix series, or even just a school assignment, you just get this feeling of pure satisfaction. That was exactly what came over me.

Everything after that fell into place. All of the reads, votes and comments could only fuel the fire and I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am for those. Sap-fest alert, you all gave me more motivation than I ever could myself, from your interactions with my story.

As I've mentioned before, Hope for the Worst is the first story that I've ever written and completed on Wattpad. That of course doesn't mean it's the last, which makes a small opening for me to promote the other story that I've already started, "Exception || Changlix". Please check it out, it's much appreciated.

Back to the topic of Hope for the Worst, this story is like my child, but it's made of words. Someday I'm going to have an actual kid or kids and one will talk about being an only child or the oldest and I'll say, "actually, there is one of whom is older than you..." It will confuse the kid, but even the youngest must confront the truth.

In all seriousness, though, I loved writing this story, and writing for all of you. Normal emotions aren't and will never be enough to convey how I'm feeling. This meant so much to me and I'm happy to share it with you.

I hope that you can forgive me for my awful puns and nonexistent "4-day posting schedule". Thank you for staying with my story until the end and thank you for all of your support.

I appreciate every one of you.

From the bottom of my heart,
Robin (Sweet_Jaesus)