Fourty-Three

[Flashback/Seungmin P.O.V.]

I send Minho a quick "I'm sorry" text and tell him I've got to go. I can't believe Hyunjin did it. I thought he would hesitate for days, months even. But this? This is certainly new.

Me
Hyunjin, I know this is sudden but I'm coming over in 10

I don't wait for him to reply. It wouldn't matter anyways, I'm not answering any of his questions.

I quickly get dressed and try to look decently presentable, but not much work is needed to be put in. Hyunjin has seen me at my best and at my worst, and right now I think I'll be seeing him at his worst. It's not the first time, though.

I drive as fast as the speed limit allows me to Hyunjin's. Once I finally arrive, I rush up to the front door and ring the bell. Hyunjin's mom appears in the doorway and happily greets me.

"Hi, Seungmin. Is there anything you need or are you just visiting?" she asks.

"I'm just visiting, thank you." I smile.

"Well, it's nice to see you. Hyunjin's upstairs in his room."

"Okay. Nice seeing you too."

I've been to this house so many times that it isn't even surprising when I appear at the front door anymore. Hyunjin and I have been friends for a long time. I can hardly remember that first time my dad drove me to his house after we begged to have a "playdate".

I hurry up the steps to my best friend's room. Not wanting to barge in, I knock on the door, waiting for an answer. When nothing comes out, I do exactly what I was trying to avoid and barge in.

Immediately I'm greeted with Hyunjin laying in his bed, in an absolutely miserable state.

"I texted you not to come. Why are you here?" he speaks as if he were sick.

"I didn't see the text. Besides, even if I did, you should know by now that I still would've come over." I say. "Also, I'm here because Minho told me what happened." Hyunjin sits up. I've got his attention.

"I don't want to talk about it." He's lying. Hyunjin wants to spill every little detail.

"Then I'll be staying with you for a while. At least, until you do." I walk over and lay down next to Hyunjin.

We sit there for a while in silence. I'm used to this. Hyunjin will turn towards me and explain what's wrong.

But he doesn't.

I hear sniffles next to me and turn to see Hyunjin braking down into tears. Water flows from his now sparkling eyes as he curls into me. Hyunjin clings onto my waist and I try to comfort him. This has never happened before. I never would have guessed it to be this serious.

"I'm sorry, Seungmin. I'm a mess right now." Hyunjin says through the tears.

"It's okay, I've got you. Tell me what's wrong." I say, rubbing his back.

Hyunjin explains to me everything that occured during his confession. I allow him to continue to hug me as he speaks.

"I shouldn't have told him." he says.

"Why's that? I personally think that this is just another thing that you can overcome."

"Yeah, but when will it end?"

I give him a questioning look. "What do you mean?"

"When will I find someone that loves me as much as I love them? When will my love be returned?"

"Your love is already returned." I tell the boy. "There are so many people in your life that love you. Your mom, your dad, Kkami. Don't forget your best friends too." I gesture towards myself while saying the last sentence. Hyunjin giggles, showing off the smile that I've been waiting to see.

"Thank you, Seungmin."

"You're welcome, Hyunjinnie."

"One more thing?"

"Hm?"

"I love you."

"Love you too."

════════════════
(A/N: Sorry if there was any confusion, but Hyunjin and Seungmin are only friends. The characters have been so for a long time and will stay that way. It may have disappointed some of you, but I just wanted to clear it up really quickly.

Thank you for reading so far and I hope that you continue to enjoy the story.)