Fifty-One

I run like hell away from that house. I've been through things like that already and I don't need any more of it.

Once I'm at a hopefully safe distance, I stop to breathe. My everything hurts and it's only when I finally pause to think about it that I properly notice.

Of course, there's still so many questions running through my mind. An extremely mattering one being: "What happens now?"

I look at my surroundings. I'm standing in an empty alleyway. There aren't any people around me. Any other day I'd be thankful for the lack of life forms, but this situation is different in so many ways.

A lightbulb flashes in my head upon remembering that I took my phone before leaving. All I have to do is call someone. If I tell the wrong person, though, some things may get out and it could end badly for me.

Jeongin is easily off the list, as he probably still thinks Hyunjin and Minho are together. Plus, the kid can't even drive yet. He's too scared to try.

Woojin and I aren't close enough and I think there may be better choices.

I don't think Hyunjin was ever a consideration. That'd just be mean.

Chan and Changbin are great, but they'd both probably tell everyone out of worry.

Seungmin is a strong option, but I'm not sure how he'd react. The boy is a bit of a wild card. It's too risky.

That leaves Felix and Minho.

Felix has been my friend ever since I can remember. He's always been there for me and I know he'll support me through thick and thin. This is perfect, except Felix doesn't know every detail about what's been happening recently. That's really the only thing stopping me, but that's not really a "minor" inconvenience.

Minho, on the other hand, is just about the exact opposite. I've known him for a long time, yes, but over half of that wasn't very enjoyable to say the least. I know there isn't anyone for him to lean back on right now, and I could be burdensome if I distracted him. The thing is, Minho knows what's going on. He's got a decent grasp on the really recent events.

I think through my possibilities as carefully as one can while bleeding from all four limbs. It may not seem like my choice will hold any significance, but to me it does.

After a few seconds of thinking, I look through my phone's contacts and select the name I have him saved as. As I listen to the ringing, I get to thinking about a few things.

My pain is almost nothing in comparison to what I've already been through. She probably thinks I'm actually hurt from that. In actuality, though, I couldn't care less. I just despise the fact that I thought I could trust her.

"Hi, this is Felix." voice comes from the phone, startling me.

"Felix! I'm glad you picked up. So, I kinda-"

"I can't make it to the phone right now, sorry mate. But please, leave a message at the beep."

I hang up without leaving a message despite the voicemail's urging. It looks like I'll have to move on to plan B.

I tap on Minho's number and hesitantly press the "call" button.

While I wait for him to answer, the contact name "Minho 💞" flashes in my face. I had to take a second to change it back. I couldn't sleep at night otherwise. Granted, at this rate I don't think I'll be able to anyways.

Thankfully, the ringing stops. "Hello?"

"This isn't voicemail, right?" I ask before starting.

"This is Minho, please leave a message after the beep."

"God damnit."

"I'm kidding, Jisung." I hear Minho's angelic laughter from across the line. "What is it that you need?"

"Well, it's kinda complicated. I'll explain in a minute, but can you pick me up?" I say.

"Uh, sure. I guess so. You're at your house right now, right?"

I peek out of the alleyway for a quick second. "Nope."

"Oh, then where are you?"

"A creepy alleyway."

"What?!"

"Hold on- I'll figure out an exact location." I say. It takes a bit of time, but I still manage find out where I am. Minho tries to ask questions, but I don't answer any. Rather, I say that I'll tell him later. I wouldn't want to rush him into a car wreck.

Minho tells me he'll be there in a few minutes before hanging up. In those few minutes, I sit and wait. I see a familiar car appear from down the street and I barely remind myself to pull my sleeves over my cuts.

Minho exits his car and I wave him over, trying not to make my injuries hurt more than they already do. My boyfriend runs over to me and stops once he sees blood on the concrete.

"This isn't a good place to be. We need to lea-" Minho stops abruptly. "Jisung? Why are your thighs cut?"

I forgot to hide those, didn't I?

"Well, this is actually what I was talking abo-" I begin. Minho ignores my words and pulls me into a gentle hug, careful not to touch my wounds. A soft, loving kiss is pressed against my lips and suddenly, the pain lowers slightly.

"Okay, baby. I'll help you to the car and you can tell me what happened to you inside. It's still not good to be out here." Minho says, eyes watery.

"I can walk." I assure him. It doesn't seem to work very well because he still supports me as I move. I know what I said, but his help is actually greatly appreciated. I just don't want Minho to worry too much.

He guides me to his car and helps me inside, not touching the cuts that he noticed on my arms. Minho closes the passenger's door, walks around the hood to the driver's seat and gets in.

I watch as he starts the car. Before he hits the gas pedal, Minho turns to me. "Where are we going? Your place or mine?" I look at him with terrified eyes. Minho nods in understanding.

"My apartment it is."

"I'll explain to you once we get there, okay? I just need some time to rest."

"That's fine, baby. Take all the time you need."