Thirty

Finally at Dongdaemun, the nine of us get out of the car. I wait for Chan and subtly pull him to the back of the group. The odd look that I saw earlier vaguely remains on his face.

"Are you okay, Chan?" I asked him.

"Huh? Of course I am." He speaks with a smile that you wouldn't be able to tell is fake unless you really know him. I decide to press on.

"You don't look too well. You're not talking as much as you usually do. Don't try to lie to me either. It may have been a while since we've seen each other, but that doesn't mean I can't still tell when you're lying."

"Okay." Chan sighs. He lifts his hand to point at the group of oddballs in front of us. "Do you see that?"

"Our friends?" I ask. He shakes his head. I look down at his hand and follow to exactly where he's pointing. Once I come to a conclusion as to who I think it is, I'm slightly shocked.

"Is something wrong with Hyunjin?"

"What? Hyunjin's not even close to where I'm pointing. Remind me to never let you try to figure things out by yourself."

"Gee, thanks. Why don't you just stomp on my foot while you're at it?" I say, throwing my hands up. "If you weren't pointing at Hyunjin, then who were you pointing at?"

"Woojin."

I think to myself in shock, Holy shit... Was it really Woojin?

Chan was right; I was really far off.

But that's not important right now. I don't understand why Woojin, though. There's nothing that seems to be wrong with the eldest member.

"Did something happen with you and Woojin?"

"Yeah, uhm..." Chan frowns and scrunches one eye. "We got in a fight some time ago."

"Really?" Those two are the oldest and most mature out of us all. I haven't known Woojin for too long of a time, but I know that he's not the type to get in fights easily. He's a peacemaker, not a peace-breaker.

"Yeah." Chan says with a nod. "We were talking together about... nothing important. The two of us had small disagreement and it soon became more of a heated argument rather than a simple talk."

"What were you two talking about?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing too important."

"Oh."

Chan and I continue to walk for a few seconds. I look up at him and wait for him to smooth out the abrupt ending in our conversation. When he doesn't, I continue to stare.

It may seem creepy, but I learned that if Chan has something to say but won't let it out, staring at him directly will annoy him into saying it.

It takes a couple of seconds, but Chan finally breaks. "Okay, look. I'd prefer not to tell you on these conditions, but here it goes."

Chan has to take a while to breathe before his big reveal. Meanwhile, I'm trying not to accidently trip and fall while listening to my friend.

Chan finally decides to say it.

"Woojin and I been dating for two months. We got in a fight because he said I'm not giving him very much attention lately."

When the words leave his mouth, my jaw drops.

Literally.

I step at an odd angle and trip over my own feet. The rest of the group turns around as I feel myself kiss the pavement.

"Are you okay, Jisung?"

"Oh my God!"

"Again?"

"Let me help you up." Woojin says, holding out a hand for me to take. I take it and pull myself up.

"Thank you." I say.

Minho turns to Chan, "What did you say to him? That had to have been something like, 'I met an alien yesterday and they're coming for you next.' for a fall that bad."

The group nods in agreement, putting Chan on the spot. Woojin holds a neutral face, not of joy nor displeasure. I guess the fight was pretty bad.

I look to Chan and see panic in his eyes. There's no way he's going to tell them what he told me.

"Actually, I just kinda fell." I say.

"That happens a lot to Jisung. I wouldn't be too surprised." Felix claims with a bored look on his face.

Everyone continues to look around while Chan gives me a smile of gratitude. I feel a tap on my shoulder a turn to see Woojin. "Why don't you head up to the front with Jeongin?" he says.

I nod, understanding his intention. I speed walk up to the front of the group and join in the conversation. Between laughter, I look back behind me to check on how the two eldest are doing. When I turn, though, they're further away than I expected.

Squinting slightly, I see Woojin leaning in and hugging Chan. I smile to myself and watch for a second more. I'm glad I did when I catch Chan moving in closer for a kiss.

════════════════
(A/N: Sorry for the filler, my Woochan heart couldn't handle itself without proper fuel. I promise the next chapter will contribute more towards the plot.

Thank you.)