Twelve

I get up.

I get up out of my bed.

Him
*He

was there.

He had his kind smile. The one from before.
But not from too far before. That was different.

It has changed. He did too.

"I made you breakfast."
Him

*He

says to me.
Says with that twinkle.

"Tha..."

"Th-... ...nk-"
It won't-

I can't make it-

work?
"Okay."

I step passed him. The door.

Dark. My vision goes dark.

What?

-do I do?

I feel it. A presence looming over me.

It's not looming.
It's here.

I feel it. Gnawing at me from the inside.

It knows.

Even though I didn't.
I don't.

It calls out to me,

"Jisung."

"Jisung."

"Han Jisung."

Nope not this trick again. I've done this "Jisung-name" thing three times now and I refuse to fall for it agai-

"Han Jisung! Get down here and eat your breakfast!"

Panic rises as I realize what's happening. If I don't hurry, my mom will be mad. Quickly, I rush down stairs to see her tapping her foot, waiting for me. I sit down at the table.

While stuffing my face with fluffy pancakes, I think about my dream. I don't understand it and it doesn't help that I've been getting it a lot recently. I almost never get dreams so this is a lot different from what I'm used to.

I don't really want to look so much into this; I'm too sleepy.

I run smoothly through my morning routine and head out the door and onto the bus. Felix and my usual spots are taken by a boy and a girl holding hands. I do a quick scan of the bus to see that Felix wasn't here.

"Hey, kid. Hurry up and sit down." the buss driver glares at me. I hastily sit down in the first open seat.

Next to me is a boy looking out the window. The boy is too busy listening to his music to speak to me. His volume is turned up so loud that I can hear Love Scenario by iKON playing through his earbuds.