Fourty-Two

[Flashback/Minho P.O.V.]

"I like you, Minho."

"I like you too, Hyunjin." I say with a frown. "But only as a friend, nothing more."

"Oh." Hyunjin's face visibly saddens and I automatically feel bad for rejecting him, but not for my intentions in doing so. It's been a short while since Jisung and I got together.

I refuse to ruin something so precious.

I refuse to ruin someone so precious.

"I'm so sorry," Hyunjin says quickly, his head lowered down.

"It's fine, really-"

"No, it isn't. I should have just kept it to myself." Hyunjin says to me. He stares at his feet and I notice how he begins to tear up.

"It's okay." I try to comfort him as best as I can in a situation like this. Hyunjin sighs before attempting to look me in my eyes. He fails and directs his eyes back down to the floor.

"I'm sorry. We can still be friends, right?" he says.

"Of course." I say with a half smile. He nods, supposedly in approval.

"Bye." Hyunjin walks off in the direction Jisung had went in not too long ago. I can't believe that happened then of all times. It's only been a couple of days since I had officially gotten into a relationship with my baby squirrel.

I check the watch wrapped around my wrist and realise just how late I am. I rush to my last class and silently sneak inside over to my desk in the back of the room. Luckily, no one notices me enter.

The school day finishes and I'm still deciding whether or not telling Jisung is a good idea. My worries evaporate when I get on the bus and see that he isn't even there, thus creating new worries. Where did my boyfriend go off to?

I send a quick text to his number, asking where he is. When I get no response, I choose to just text Seungmin instead.

Me
You know where Jisung is?

Seungmin
No. Why?

Me
He's not on the bus.

Seungmin
Yeah, idk.

Jisung isn't with me at the moment, so I decide to tell my other friend of the odd occurrence that happened today. Maybe I could get an outlook from him.

Me
Also the weirdest thing happened today.

Seungmin
???

Me
Hyunjin confessed to me today

Seungmin
Wait what

Me
Yea, and only a few days after Jisung and I got together.

Seungmin
Is Hyunjin doing okay?

Me
Uh he looked fine to me

Seungmin
Did he look at the ground, back up, ground and at you again?

Me
I think so. Idk.

Seungmin
Sorry. I gtg.

Well that didn't work. Seungmin worries me a bit with his antics, but then again what's new? One way or another, I'd like to know what he's doing.

I continue about my day, but I can feel that something's off. I can't say exactly what, but I can sense that there's something not right at the moment.

My gut feelings scare me. I really hope that I'm wrong.