Twenty-Nine

After last night's texting incident, I had eaten dinner and gone to sleep. Today I wake up later than usual, but with no consequences unlike last time.

Sweet, sweet Saturday. Oh, how I've missed thee.

I can't believe I've managed to survive until the weekend, to be honest. With all of the hectic things happening, it felt like I'd never get a break.

I get out of bed and walk downstairs into the kitchen. When I do, I see my mom and wave to her. That's when it happens.

I get hit by the sensational smell of bacon. The sizzling can be heard nearby the stove as my mom monitors it.

"Morning." she waves. I greet her and watch as she takes the bacon strips and places them on a plate.

"That smells delicious." I try not to drool as I speak. Subconsciously, my hand reaches out for one, only to be scolded by my mom.

"Go wash your hands first." she says, jerking her head in the direction of the sink.

I bare my palms in defense, moving my feet towards where mom gestured. After washing my hands, I dry them and take the grease-filled plate into the living room.

While watching T.V., I hear my phone buzz. Once the bacon grease is carefully wiped off of my hands, I check the device and see a message from Felix asking if I wanted to go to Dongdaemun in a few hours. My mom gives me the magical "nod of approval" and I send him a quick text saying that I can go.

I finish my food and put the plate in the kitchen sink. After some time passes, I finally decide to get ready. I hop up the stairs and into my room.

Opening my closet, I take my time in picking what to wear. I eventually choose to wear a large shirt with the words "FEAR OF GOD" pasted onto it, a plaid jacket, a pair of jeans and white sneakers accompanied by a handful of accessories. I hastily run a comb through my hair and dab on a minimal amount of makeup, just because.

Minutes go by and the doorbell rings. I go to open it and see Felix waiting outside. He waves to me and I do so back.

"Hey, Lix." I say.

"Sup, Ji. You ready to go?" he says. I nod and peek past him to see a large, expensive black car sitting in the driveway. Inside there are six heads jumping around, and a seventh tiredly laying atop the steering wheel.

Felix notices my shocked expression and begins to explain, "The group wanted to go too. You're cool with that, right?"

"Yeah, that's fine." I say honestly.

The two of us wave goodbye to my mom and get into the car. Felix sits in the front next to Changbin, who is driving while I sit in the middle row next to Seungmin and across from Woojin.

Looking around, I count nine people but eight seats. I notice in the back that there were some miracles that needed to be worked in order to fit everyone.

The entire drive is filled with over-energetic voices, but as I listen in, one voice is missing from the mix. I check everyone, my eyes finally landing on a sad sight.

In the back with a gloomy look on his face, I see Chan quietly sitting there. I figured he wouldn't want to concern everyone, so I make the decision to wait until we get out to ask what's up.

Chan's state worries me, though. I can't help but wonder, what's wrong with Chan?