Twenty-Seven

I definitely fucked that up.

While walking to science class, I scold myself for being so emotional. I don't know why I snapped at Minho like that when I could have just told him to back off. At least he probably won't do that anymore.

...hopefully.

As soon as I walk into the classroom, I notice Mr. Park sitting at his desk, smirking creepily at literally nothing. I've been seeing too many unnerving grins today.

Lightly shivering, I go to sit in my seat in the back. In that corner, I only see Hyunjin and two other empty seats, one of which being mine and the other, Felix's.

"Where's Felix? He's normally the first here." I ask to Hyunjin.

"Wow, not even a 'how's your day, Hyunjin'?" the boy scoffs jokingly. "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Alright. How's your day, Hyunjin?"

"Nope. The moment's already passed. What were you asking about earlier?"

I roll my eyes, "I wanted to know where Felix wa-"

Before I finish my sentence, the last member of our science table walks in the room. An odd sight, though, his head was held low and the pep in his step was absent.

"Felix?" I say with worry. "Are you okay?"

Felix lifts his head to show one of the saddest faces I've seen from him. This only make me more uneasy for what's to come.

"No." Felix says droopily.

"What happened?" Hyunjin asks cautiously.

"It was Changbin."

Hyunjin and I look at each other then back to the sorrowful boy in front of us.

"He..." Felix takes a breath, "Changbin hugged Chan before me."

Hyunjin and I look at each other again, this time with a different significance.

Slightly irritated, Hyunjin places a hand on Felix's back and pats it saying, "I'm sure you'll get over it."

I try not to laugh too loudly at Felix's idiocy. Some people in this world are just not very bright, aren't they?

Class continues until the school day finally reaches an end. There's only one last thing that I have to deal with now; the bus ride back.

After gathering all of my things together, I leave and hop onto the bus. As per usual, Minho is sitting at our spot and I drop myself down next to him.

"Hey, Minho."

"Hey, Jisungieeeeee..." Minho drags out the last syllable of the nickname upon remembering that I don't like it. "-eeit's pretty good weather we're having out there, isn't it?"

I laugh a bit at his gesture. "Yeah, I guess so." I then hold out my hand and Minho hands me one of his earbuds with a natural flow.

I hear an unfamiliar tune come from the tiny speaker. I give Minho a questioning look to which he says, "The song is 'Man in a movie' by Day6. Lately I've been listening to happier music, so why not?"

I nod my head and we continue to listen until the bus slows near my stop. Before I get up to leave, in true Kdrama style, Minho grabs me by my arm.

"Wait." he says with a pout. "I know you didn't like it when I didn't ask first, so I will now. May I kiss you?"

I feel my heart stop for a second while Minho quickly adds, "N-not on the lips, of course."

"Yeah, I guess so." I say, leaning down.

Minho's lips swiftly, yet softly press against the side of my face. I start to heat up so I say a quick goodbye and get off of the bus before it drives away.

As I walk up to my house, I sense myself getting noise complaints from Canada. Something about how my "internal screams are too loud". I don't know about you, but I think that my internal screaming is at an appropriate volume.

I also think that this won't be the last time that I'll be getting those noise complaints.