Thirty-Seven

Waking up this morning, I'm oddly recharged from the weekend. I'm not quite sure why that is, but I have my theories.

I check my phone for any messages to see one from Minho saying,

Minho 💕
Good morbing sunshine. Have a good day today

Minho 💕
*morning

I laugh at his cute mistake and send Minho a short greeting back. Once finished, I get breakfast downstairs, brush my teeth, and head off to school.

"Hi." Minho says as I sit down next to him on the bus.

"Hey." I smile. "That text was pretty much unnecessary, you know that right?"

Minho shrugs. "Oh, I know. But the problem is that on the day I choose not to text you a 'good morning' message, will be the day you need it the most. I want to be with you no matter what."

My face heats up and honestly, are we even surprised by now? I then say, "There's no need to do that, but if you're willing, then go ahead." Minho gives me a thumbs up and we listen to music on the way to school.

The bus arrives and we go to our respective homerooms. I walk inside and see Seungmin sitting where he usually does next to my empty seat.

"Morning." he gives a slight smile, which is pretty much expected by now. Seungmin isn't known for putting full effort into the little things.

"Hello." I say, setting my items down. The smile on my face from earlier has yet to wear out.

"Someone seems happy this morning." Seungmin says with a suspicious tone in his voice.

"Can't a guy be happy?"

"He can, but I mean, it's school." Seungmin gestures to the room around us. I laugh and nod, but deep down I know that it's actually not "school".

It's him.

Math goes by as it does usually. The next class comes and I walk through the doors with Jeongin, Minho waiting for us inside.

"Hey, slowpokes." Minho jokes.

"Want to say that to my face?" Jeongin says, trying to act like the tough kids on T.V. Granted, it fails and he looks like the cutest gang leader since Masaomi Kida.

"Could you repeat that? I could've sworn you were talking in slow-mo." Minho says, dragging out the last part. The three of us laugh and I nearly fall off of my chair.

"Hello, class," Mr. Tuan says, walking in. We all quiet down, but continue to struggle in holding our giggles in.

The period goes by with us secretly passing on random hand symbols that have no meaning, whatsoever. Well, I hope the super secret hearts I gave to Minho had some meaning to them. Jeongin didn't notice it, but I made twenty-something finger hearts to my boyfriend.

Lunch time rolls around and I go with the other two to the cafeteria. We sit down in our usual seats and our group of nine talk amongst ourselves. At some point, though, I notice my chair is suddenly really close to Minho's. I shrug it off and continue to witness in whatever's unfolding in front of me.

"I'm just saying, I don't need a therapist, I need an attorney."

"Jeongin, what you really need is to quit trying to outsmart your teachers."

"Why, Chan? It's fun."

"Because the sun isn't a 'fire meteor at a standstill'; it's a freaking star!"

Lunch ends and Chan, Jeongin, Minho and I walk to social studies. We sit in our seats once inside and class begins almost immediately.

Nothing much happens today. I have a tough time paying attention, but manage to make it out alive.

We get up to switch classes and while walking out, I feel an arm wrap around my waist for half of a second. I look to Minho and he winks at me in the most flirtatious manner possible. I struggle in stopping my knees from buckling and go to science.

"Jisung, my man," Felix says making finger guns.

"Wha- stop." I say. "What are you doing?"

"I'd be thankful if I were you." Hyunjin says. "When I sat down, he crept up behind me and startled me."

I make an 'o' shape with my mouth and turn to Felix. "Is that why there's a red handprint on your face?"

"I was scared, okay?" Hyunjin says in defence.

The remainder of the day goes by as it usually does, nothing too out of the ordinary. A life lesson to keep in mind: treasure days like those. They may seem boring, but when everything goes to shit the next day, you'll miss them.

Trust me, I wish I knew that a lot earlier.