Twenty-Four

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Beep... Beep... Bee-

My hand slams down on the dismiss button. I stretch out my arms and groan, immediately retracting when I hear a popping sound come from my elbow. "Ow." I cringe while pulling myself out of bed.

As I rub my eyes, it crosses my mind that that isn't my alarm. I quickly pick up my phone and check the notifications. The screen says,

Minho💕
Missed call

After reading it, I decide to ignore him. I mean, what could Minho possibly want at this time?

I put my phone down right before it buzzes again. I hastily jump at it to see whether or not it was Minho. In fact, it was him. I swipe at the answer button.

"Hey, Minho. Why are you calling me this early in the morning?" I ask.

"What do you mean, 'this early'? I just stopped an entire bus for you! Why aren't you here right now?" Minho says.

Confused, I check the time to see that I overslept. Mom must've left for work early this morning and forgot to wake me up. "Oh- uhm- can you delay any longer?"

"Nope."

"Then just let them go. I'll figure something out. Run, maybe?" I change out of my PJ's while brainstorming.

"I'm not letting you run to school by yourself." Minho argues.

"It's fine."

"No, it isn't. That's why I'm going with you."

"Wait wha-" I peek out of the window to see a distant bus driving away and a boy in a white shirt running towards my house. "I cannot believe you right now."

"Talk to you in a bit." Minho says before the call ends.

I shake my head and sigh out of embarrassment. Hurriedly, I brush my teeth and try to fix my bed head. As I pick up the hair brush, though, an expected ring comes from the door bell.

Rolling my eyes, I rush down the steps and pull the front door open. I immediately see Minho, standing there, waving slightly uncomfortably.

"Are we going or what?" Minho says.

"Yeah, sure."

We then start our walk to school together. Because I'm a bit directionally challenged, I occasionally go the wrong way and Minho has to grab my shoulder, stopping me.

We talk and laugh on our way there, but neither of us wanted to bring up what happened yesterday. This caused some sort of wall between us where we couldn't seem to fully engage in our conversations and most of the words that we exchanged were falling flat.

Once we reached the school, Minho and I dash inside, say goodbye, and leave to our classes. I make it to homeroom and take a seat next to Seungmin.

"Hi Jisun- why are so out of breath?" Seungmin says.

"I missed the bus. 'Had to walk." I pant.

"That stinks."

"I mean, it wasn't that bad," I say. "Minho was with me."

"Cool- wait really?" Seungmin's eyes widen for a second, soon followed by a creepy smirk.

"What are you doing? Are you okay? You're scaring me." I say, partly startled and partly concerned.

"Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry about me."

"But I wanna know!" I wine.

"It's okay. You'll find out in due time." Seungmin says eerily. I think over his words. "In due time"?

Something tells me I already know.