Twenty-Five

After my weird interaction with Seungmin, I walk slowly to my foreign language class. I haven't been looking forward to this period, not to mention the dread I feel towards social studies.

Unfortunately, I make it to class. I take my seat near the back of the room, next to Jeongin.

"Hey, fetus." I say jokingly.

"I'm not a fetus," Jeongin pouts. "I'm a manly man."

"Yeah, and I'm Beyonce." I roll my eyes.

Mr. Tuan walks in and starts speaking various phrases that I've leant are surprisingly easy to block out. Jeongin leans over to me and quietly continues.

"Hey, I found out more about them."

"Who?" I ask, confused.

"Minho and Hyunjin, of course. Who else?" Jeongin says as if it were obvious.

"Right." I nod. Whatever it is that he found out, can't be good.

"Okay, you're never gonna believe this but Minho and Hyunjin kissed!"

"What?!" I whisper-scream almost too loudly. Still, though, I want more details. "Where'd you hear this from?"

"From Minho himself!" Jeongin triumphantly says. I, on the other hand, am unable process what I'm hearing. "Yesterday night Minho texted me when he couldn't sleep. He seemed a bit scatterbrained, but he said he kissed 'someone' that day. Who else could that have been other than the Hwang Hyunjin?"

I struggle to not facepalm and take a deep breath to help calm my scatterbrained self.

Why would Minho kiss both me and Hyunjin on the same night?

Wait, we got to his house really late yesterday.

Was Hyunjin at Minho's house?!

Wait, that's not it either.

Oh my God, he was talking about me. Minho was talking about the kiss the two of us shared, not about Hyunjin.

"Did he say anything about the kiss?" I ask hesitantly.

"No, not much. But he did say that he couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm not sure if that's good or bad though." Jeongin speculates.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, I'd assume if you were to kiss someone, it could be good and you wouldn't be able to get them out of your head." Jeongin says as I nod my head.

"On the other hand," he continues, "if the kiss were bad, you'd be thinking about it regretfully and might wish it never happened."

I feel some unexplainable emotion come across me at Jeongin's statements. All I know is that this feeling defiantly branches from worry.

Jeongin, still stuck on his own ideas, continues to speak of the mistaken:

"On the bright side, I'm almost positive that Minho doesn't feel bad about the kiss. I mean, have you seen Hyunjin's lips? He's gotta be a great kisser!"

"Hey!" Mr. Tuan looks at us as he shakes a pointer-finger in warning. "You two in the back. Quiet."

As for me, the conversation ended on a bad note while the the two of us retract back to our seats.

I try to focus in class, but my thoughts float around distractingly. What if Minho was disappointed with our kiss? Did he regret it?

Did I regret it?