Fourty-Seven

I'm going to start us off bluntly. The entirety of Friday was spent dodging six specific people. Felix and I avoided questions at all costs. We ate lunch outside again and whenever we had class with someone else in our group, we sat away from them. The school day itself was mostly uneventful.

Except for one thing...

I walk out of the social studies classroom quickly before any of the three could catch me. As I left, I notice Minho almost directly behind me.

I'm right in his reach.

"Wait, Jis-"

"Minho."

"Huh?" Minho stops.

I get out of sight, but continue to listen, curious about why Hyunjin decided to pay a visit to Minho. I guess it makes sense though. They're together.

"Why are you here, Hyunjin? Shouldn't you be getting to your next class?" Minho asks.

"I can spare a bit of time. I was hoping you could too? It'll only take a second, I promise." I hear Hyunjin say.

"Sure. What's up?"

"Well..." Hyunjin begins. When he doesn't finish, I frown. I take a chance and peek out from the wall to see what happened.

I wish I didn't.

I couldn't bare to see what was before me and ducked behind the wall once more. I choose to give up and go to science class. There's no use in being here.

I walk in and see Felix in the back. "Hey."

"Hi." Felix says. His smile fades when he sees my expression, though. "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Yeah." I say. My breaths are shaky, but I still continue,

"I saw Minho and Hyunjin kiss."

"Wait- really?" Felix takes a step back to steady himself. "But why does it matter? We already knew that they were dating."

"Yeah, but I guess there was still a part of me that wanted to believe otherwise. Seeing their kiss made me realise that he really was cheating."

That I really am unneeded.

Felix rubs my back, just like the other times I've been sad in the past. Somehow, the gesture comforts me every time.

"It's okay. Minho won't be the only person you encounter that you have feelings for. There's going to be plenty more, and not all of them will work out. That's okay, though. Everyone goes through it, it's just that you're the only one who's story you know." Felix says.

"Thanks, Lix." I say. "But where does this side of you go when we're partners for school projects?"

Felix laughs at my comment. "You're welcome, I guess."

The weekend has come and the sight of Minho and Hyunjin's kiss still haunts my mind. If I could get rid of any memory, out of every possible thing, I'd choose that one.

I don't want to see Minho at all right now. I've finally come to my senses on what's happened and I'm just frustrated. I let myself get hurt by him again. It was supposed to stop.

I have come to the conclusion that Minho will forever haunt me. There won't be any escaping it. Running will only make things worse, and staying will ruin me just as much.

Why can't he just leave me alone?

I struggle in not screaming my lungs out. I want claw at my own eyes, but I know that I need to keep myself in check.

I couldn't do so once, and lost I it. I'm still traumatized from that experience to this day.

That's a different story for a different time, though. Right now, I don't want to focus on that part of my life. I don't want to focus on Minho either.

I want to be alone. Right now, I want to relax on my weekend.

Bzzt! Bzzt!

If my phone is buzzing because of him, then I'm throwing myself out the window, right after throwing the phone itself into the sun.

Seungminnie
Sorry Im a little l8 in asking, but where have you been lately?

Seungminnie
We've been worried and I dont have Felix's number.

Thankfully, it's just Seungmin. I don't think I'd have enough strength to throw my phone into the sun.

I text the boy back, but never, in any universe would I have expected what the conversation would hold and how much my life would change because of it.