Thirty-Four

"Would you be my boyfriend?"

"Yes! Yes! A thousand times; yes!" Minho bursts with joy. A sight so cute is never to be forgotten.

I laugh. "You can calm down a little bit. It's not a marriage proposal."

"Not yet, it isn't." Minho smirks and raises one of his eyebrows. My face turns a shade of bright pink as we lay, just two kids in a room.

A shiver runs down my spine and Minho looks over at me to check if I'm okay. I quickly ask him before he turns back, "Uh, Minho? I'm a little cold. May you pass me the blanket over there, please?"

Minho nods in agreement. "I got you covered." is what he says, but instead of giving me the blanket, he jumps from one end of the couch to the other, crushing me in the process. He has me covered, alright.

"I don't think that's a blanket." I manage to cough out. Minho just giggles and moves into a more comfortable position. We lay squished into one side of the couch, the other half cold and empty. I'm sitting in Minho's lap as he rests his chin on my shoulder. I can sense him smiling brightly from behind me.

Holding me in his arms, Minho tries to grab the remote that's just barely out of reach. After nearly making both of us fall off of the couch, I take a shot at getting the remote, thankfully proving to be successful. Minho pouts at me for a quick second, causing me to wish seconds were longer.

The two of us lazily watch T.V. for some amount of time. I'm not sure what was going through Minho's head, but I know that I personally couldn't focus at all.

Minho is actually cuddling me! Wait, no. My boyfriend is actually cuddling me! Wait, no. I actually have a boyfriend! I think to myself how lucky I am to be right here, right now.

But then it hits me. Oh my God, I actually have a boyfriend.

After all of these years of "straight-thinking", everything goes to waste. I've always wondered why most of the time I lost interest in the girls that I liked so quickly. I always just assumed that none of them were my type. I guess I know why now, though.

"You good, Jisung?" Minho gives me a questioning thumbs up. "You were just kinda... staring at me. It was starting to get a little creepy. I mean- a really cute kind of creepy, if you get what I'm saying? I don't know, I-"

I lean in closer, the unwanted space between Minho and I almost fully gone. We're not even centimeters apart. Minho leans in the smallest bit and our lips finally connect.

I feel the soft touch of his arms wrapping around the sides of my neck. My hands run through his silky, black hair and we kiss as if we were in the movies. Everything feels so magical and unreal. Almost too good to be true.

Ding dong! Bing bong!

Damnit.